Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Norton 22.14 Product Update available now

Norton Security 22.14 is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.

This update is available for the following Norton products:

• Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
  • Norton Security with Backup
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Suite (Comcast)

To verify you have the update for Norton Security 22.14, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.

22.14_0.png

The FAQs below answers some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

The version number is 22.14.0.54

2. When will I receive the patch?

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.

3. How can I manually install these patches?

This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What are the changes in this release?

Below are the changes and fixes in Norton Security, Norton Security with Back Up, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus and Norton Security Suite 22.14:

Feature Changes:

• Google Chrome Clean Up
    • Deletes temporary files that are left on your computer after you browse using Google Chrome browser.
  • Detailed PEP advanced setting
    • Settings User Interface displays new "Exploit Prevention" category. Exploit Prevention category displays the list of individual techniques so that the customer can turn on or off any individual technique.

• Exploit%20Prevention%20-%20Settings.png

• Optimize Large BackUp Set Selection in Restore operations

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where the Windows Security Centre (WSC) displays 'Norton Firewall is OFF' status with Norton Antivirus. - thread
  • Fixed an issue where the Norton LiveUpdate did not automatically - thread
  • Fixed an issue where the Chrome IDSafe extension migration User Interface appearing repeatedly - thread
  • Other minor bug fixes

Reboot required for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Note: You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version in all the operating systems

Note: Norton 22.14 supports: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 10 Anniversary Update, 10 Creators Update and 10 Fall Creators Update

Source: Norton 22.14 Product Update available now

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

A lot of HMPA-Like settings are now integrated with Norton by default?

Impressive.. Norton really has been putting good effort into all of this! Can't wait to see the hub testing.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Been using Norton for a long time now. I'm very happy to see this great feature update with Norton. So far so good with the large update. My update for nearly all of my computers is right around 100 MB which is isn't super large, but large enough. I roll with Norton Security Premium myself, because that offers a ton of features. I don't use Norton Backup even though they offer 25 GB for free. I much rather back up my own stuff and know here it is stored. However with the premium suite there are lots of great options that are enabled. I mainly use it for the ability to download and install the license onto 10 total devices such as Windows, IOS, MAC, and Android.

Norton has been a solid product for me and those who I have helped over the years. Of course I have quite the layered security as is though.

@ForgottenSeer 58943 I would like to see some hub testing with these new features as well. If you see any can you let me know? I'll be conducting my own independent testing to see how things shake out myself.

Great posting!

Sincerely,

Brian

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
A lot of HMPA-Like settings are now integrated with Norton by default?

Impressive.. Norton really has been putting good effort into all of this! Can't wait to see the hub testing.
+1

Anyone having an idea whether these are new features or just in a separate module now?

Reactions: DDE_Server
I

illumination

+1

Anyone having an idea whether these are new features or just in a separate module now?
Norton exploit protection has been there for some time, this is just a broken down by individual module so users can turn individual parts of it on and off for convenience.

• Detailed PEP advanced setting
    • Settings User Interface displays new "Exploit Prevention" category. Exploit Prevention category displays the list of individual techniques so that the customer can turn on or off any individual technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.