Battle Norton 360 vs Bitdefender

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Agree with your point. Stick to what works for you. You don't have to justify to anyone else but you what you prefer or like.

My advice is to go which ever is cheaper or what you can get on sale/discount. Whether it's Kaspersky, Eset, Norton, Avast or AVG and even MalwareBytes.

For me Kaspersky can be found for less than others for yearly licenses. Norton is a close second price wise. Eset the most expensive, rare to find deals/discounts.

But I will never consider a program which deletes Windows Firewall on uninstall and is not up to scratch. Even for a 30 day trial I wouldn't bother.

Reactions: Trident

Guilhermesene

Level 1
Dec 19, 2023
Agree with your point. Stick to what works for you. You don't have to justify to anyone else but you what you prefer or like.

My advice is to go which ever is cheaper or what you can get on sale/discount. Whether it's Kaspersky, Eset, Norton, Avast or AVG and even MalwareBytes.

For me Kaspersky can be found for less than others for yearly licenses. Norton is a close second price wise. Eset the most expensive, rare to find deals/discounts.
Your words are my words 😁

But I will never consider a program which deletes Windows Firewall on uninstall and is not up to scratch. Even for a 30 day trial I wouldn't bother.
It's ok, I respect your opinion and choose without any problem 🙂

Reactions: Dave Russo

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I used to use Bugdefender until it crashed one day for no reason that I know of?
I have used 360 Total Security since then without a problem. Its very good at catching malware IMO.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I have used 360 Total Security since then without a problem. Its very good at catching malware IMO.
If you like free security software from shady providers, packed with loads of disparate parts (bloatware) as well as ads, and topped with incredible bugs, look no further. 360 Total Security is totally the application of your dreams.

Acadia

Level 1
Sep 25, 2020
I had a real pain with BitDefender several months ago. I wanted to trial it. When I went to install the download, it was NOT in English. When I reported it to tech support they sent me a link for the download. THAT download also was not in English. I gave up and moved on.
Acadia

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
My two biggest gripes with Bitdefender are that it changes power plan settings and the game mode doesn’t trigger for games from certain launchers. It used to stay constantly active when the Epic Games launcher was active and never updated. It’s not terrible, just not suitable for my main desktop. The auto profile stuff is just all over the place.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
The auto profile stuff is just all over the place.
Regarding the auto-profiles, a while ago I contacted Bitdefender and suggested that instead of process name, e.g. “winword.exe” it will be better to display the application/window title name, e.g. “Word(R)”. They asked for logs, blamed the “issue” on remnants from security software. They didn’t understand at all what I had suggested.

Reactions: senzhi and blackice

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Regarding the auto-profiles, a while ago I contacted Bitdefender and suggested that instead of process name, e.g. “winword.exe” it will be better to display the application/window title name, e.g. “Word(R)”. They asked for logs, blamed the “issue” on remnants from security software. They didn’t understand at all what I had suggested.
Yeah last time I contacted them they seemed oblivious. Though they eventually fixed game mode being stuck on. But now it just doesn’t work when you launch games from Epic. 🤦‍♂️

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Bitdefender used to install with Auto Profiles enabled, but there were to many background issues people were complaining about like their update interval setting being overridden by Profile intervals and it not switching back after disabling a profile, of Windows updates not happening due to a profile pausing it (which they didn't realize). I think they resolved some of those issues and now when it installs, I believe auto profiles isn't enabled. When I used to use BD, Profiles was the first thing I turned off.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.