Advice Request Norton & AMSI

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Which Norton/Symantec products support AMSI ?

EDIT: though I see nice marketing & research pdfs from Symantec on AMSI, I don't see any mention of AMSI related to their products, which I interpret as no AMSI support (if someone knows more, please feel free to post !).

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Which Norton/Symantec products support AMSI ?

EDIT: though I see nice marketing & research pdfs from Symantec on AMSI, I don't see any mention of AMSI related to their products, which I interpret as no AMSI support (if someone knows more, please feel free to post !).
No evidence to suggest that it does:
Lee Holmes
D1j476HVAAEYjYB.png:large

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
What are the advantages of AV's using AMSI

Awesome, this is actually a very useful list, many thanks !

Do you know which vendors support ELAM as well ? Overview of Early Launch AntiMalware - Windows drivers

Hah, hah. Dr Web AMSI integration was really bad when I tested it about a year ago. And no, they don't make ongoing tweaks and refinements. None of them really do.

There is no reason whatsoever to assume that any of the vendors improved significantly since the MRG Effitas testing.

You guys are getting all excited, thinking that you will get a good protection out of AMSI. Wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.