Norton AV/IS 2012 BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Its easy. Stop complaining. If you don't need those features then obviously NIS is not for you. Your suppose to read what a program does and its features prior to installing. Safe Web and Identity Safe are needed features for the average pc user. Most of on here are not average users.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I remember this Thread about the new GUI of NIS2012 and its so very far comparison.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
Its easy. Stop complaining. If you don't need those features then obviously NIS is not for you. Yoir suppose to read what a program does and its features prior to installing. Safe Web and Identity Safe are needed features for the average pc user. Most of on here are not average users.
So you are saying that you are the average PC user?
A lot of what you are saying doesn't seem to piece together. You say that you are one thing but you act like you are another.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Am I using NIS? No. Did I say I was the average user? No. Does my config thread say "Advanced User" Yes. Think please before responding cause all this is nonsense. I have more experience and more knowledge then just about everyone in here. That was the same with rM.

I also clearly said that most of us on here are not average users. :s

If you dont like NIS and its toolbar then dont use it. Nobody is forcing you to use it so your complaints are meaningless. In today's world of keyloggers and identity theft the Norton toolbar makes sense. With it you no longer need to type in your logins and passwords thus preventing keyloggers. Safe Web is good for noobs to keep them safe from malware related sites. So I guess you think Robo Form is dumb as well as LastPass.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
Am I using NIS? No. Did I say I was the average user? No. Does my config thread say "Advanced User" Yes. Think please before responding cause all this is nonsense.

I also clearly said that most of us on here are not average users. :s
Though who is spreading the nonsense?

:threadjacked:
This is getting really off topic.
I am speaking now as a Moderator, and I am unsatisfied with the content of this thread.
Please keep any further discussion of Norton vs Comodo to this thread.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
I am speaking about NIS thank you very much. I am educating members on exactly what the Norton toolbar is since many are misinformed including yourself. Thanks. No where was I comparing NIS vs CIS but giving examples of toolbar installs. The point is if you dont need those features the Norton toolbar has to offer then obviously NIS is not for you. Complaining about the Norton toolbar is not necessary.

BTW do not abuse the reputation level. No where did I every call you a fanboy. Respect the reputation level and dont abuse it.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
I am speaking about NIS thank you very much. I am educating members on exactly what the Norton toolbar is since many are misinformed including yourself. Thanks. No where was I comparing NIS vs CIS but giving examples of toolbar installs. The point is if you dont need those features the Norton toolbar has to offer then obviously NIS is not for you. Complaining about the Norton toolbar is not necessary.

BTW do not abuse the reputation level. No where did I every call you a fanboy. Respect the reputation level and dont abuse it.
Though are you informed of how the Comodo toolbar works?
You are accusing others of being misinformed and yet you do not seem to know it all either.
And I could do without the sarcasm.
Also, though you did not call me a fanboy, you were accusing me as if I were as such.

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
They were complaining about toolbars in general not only about Norton Toolbar who as you said Diesel you can turn them off or on whenever you want. I hope they keep this program light.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Thank you Ghost. But it was iPrank and elliot who were complaining about toolbar installs. Picking on NIS for installing a toolbar and not understanding why its there is meaningless. Then many seem to be only pointing the finger at Norton when in fact even CIS was installing a toolbar which severed less of a purpose then Identity Safe and Safe Web.

BTW elliot...............I called your reply a typical Comodo user reply. No where is that anything close to calling someone a fanboy. But taking offensive to a statement such as that is absurd.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
Thank you Ghost. But it was iPrank and elliot who were complaining about toolbar installs. Picking on NIS for installing a toolbar and not understanding why its there is meaningless. Then many seem to be only pointing the finger at Norton when in fact even CIS was installing a toolbar which severed less of a purpose then Identity Safe and Safe Web.
You could have been much more discreet about it.
I was stating my opinion and you gunned me down for it.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Well you seem to be picking on Norton when you completely forgot about Comodo.

Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
Well you seem to be picking on Norton when you completely forgot about Comodo.

Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.
I am not picking on Norton, I just do not like the idea of a toolbar.
Why can't they just use a button?

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
A button...............Where? It will still be present on your browser. Anything you type can be caught be a keylogger. The purpose of the Norton toolbar is also to prevent his. If you dont like or need those options the obviously NIS is not for you. I feel like deja vous here.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Dieselman said:
A button...............Where? It will still be present on your browser. Anything you type can be caught be a keylogger. The purpose of the Norton toolbar is also to prevent his. If you dont like or need those options the obviously NIS is not for you. I feel like deja vous here.
The button would be instead of the toolbar, and may include the toolbar in a drop down box rather than always having it present within the browser.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
elliotcroft said:

Do you mean this one like in Google Chrome, The one have check.

original

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
elliotcroft said:

Do you mean this one like in Google Chrome, The one have check.

original
Yes.
I don't see why they need the toolbar if they already have the button.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Dieselman that button in Google Chrome will show Site Safety.

Link

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
So the answer is no james. Thanks. I wonder if Safe Web works on FF 4 now? The only thing that keeps me from trying this is the 14 day expiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.