Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Definitely Norton did it well and improved from their detections as well on removal capabilities.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Norton never had a problem with there detection rate or removal jamescv7. Dont know where you thought of that or said that.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I just read the link from PC Mag and I know that Norton didn't have any problems on the detection/ removal so that's I'm giving thoughts caused from every version they always improved.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Well don't just type what you read. Point is Norton has for a long time now had a good detection rate.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Just thought i'd mention another feature I like.

This feature is brought in from Norton 360, where you could shut down the PC after a scan is finished, but goes a step further by including options to sleep and hibernate. Good to see they finally included it in NIS

nisscanwindowoptions.png

If anyone wants a screenshot of something in particular just let me know :)

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Positive those were always there but not sure cause I rarely did an on demand scan with NIS cause it did it automatically.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
attachment.php

What's the "Mobile" icon do?

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
It's still advertising in my view. Unless they are giving the mobile security for free with NIS. Tim Lopez doesn't say so though :dodgy:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Mark said:
EPIC!:heart:
Symantec is a powerfull company so they have the money to promote a new product...starting new marketing campaigns and all that fun stuff...
I don't know why they are inserting into NIS 2012 , a paid product, this type of ...lets call it " notifications"...
I've read a statistic sometime ago in which they mention the fact that the average user will open their antivitus UI not more than 3-4 times in their 1 year subscription...so the average user might not even bother to check it out....

Will "Norton Mobile Security" be free for the NIS users..any idea?:D
[attachment=228]

Attachments

• ss-0-320-480-160-2-54e4fd2e37be132fef10bcc13dfcd767079e6c48 (1).jpg
    ss-0-320-480-160-2-54e4fd2e37be132fef10bcc13dfcd767079e6c48 (1).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 545

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Starting with 2010,Norton has really improved.
Right now I'm using NIS 2011 after many people have recommended this suite.
NIS is a good product and it will not slow down my system ...I have just only 2 processes running which are using 10MB RAM. ^^

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If Norton Mobile Security will be free, I will gonna get it but since my mobile is Symbian its not possible as its compatible only in Android.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I never really understood how mobile phones now need AV's, I'm an oldy and last mobile I owned got totaled by the washing machine back in 2009, didn't bother to buy a new phone, Be cool when this Norton PS comes out for someone to test it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It won't be free, as with most Norton protection programs.

Norton Mobile Security
http://us.norton.com/mobile-security/

Redirects to here (link):
http://www.norton.mobi/products
Mobile Security (Learn more):
http://www.norton.mobi/norton-mobile-security/
Mobile Security Public Beta Forums
http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Mobile-Apps-Public-Beta/bd-p/norton_mobile_pb

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I wasn't expecting Symantec to give away this program for free... :p ...but will the NIS user be able to user their license key to activate this program? ...because If the answer is : NO ...then we can say that Symantec is advertising their new "Mobile Security" program into their Norton Internet Security product....

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
They were already advertising Norton online backup. Now going a step further with the mobile security...

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Known issues updated May 12,2011
Here are a list of the known issues with the current Public Beta build. We are already aware of these issues and will have them resolved before final release:

Virus Definitions

Full (non-streaming) definitions may not update as frequently on the pre-release product. You will continue to get streaming updates, but eventually the “Definition Update” time may show a few days (even after updating Streaming Definitions). Do not use the Intelligent Updater (from the Security Response site) to manually update the definitions, as they’re not compatible with 2012 and will cause issues.

Install

Installation may fail if installing over a previous Norton Product.

Google Chrome

Norton Toolbar may crash on Google Chrome Beta version 12.0.742.16, when installing over the previous beta build.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.