App Review Norton Security BETA 2015 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Another great review!!!!
Norton did well (it could be better) but it's a beta so everything is fine.
I am not a fan of Norton but i believe that it is lighter and faster compares to Bitdefender.
Please, next time show us how much memory each program consumes (windows task manager).

Once more , great job........
like_icon.png

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Good review ;)
I like it's UI looks fresh and simple, some people didn't like Norton and said it's a crap and some of them even say "Norton is good if you aren't connected to the net" and that was big false :D in fact SONAR require internet connection and it provide good protection especially on the web, and not only that Norton always automatically scan any downloaded files from web as we can see in the video, so don't bother with scan any downloaded files manually again :D

One thing that I didn't like from Norton it's UI freeze often like Kaspersky (but not again in Kaspersky 2015 version) but according to your review it seems they already improved and looks quite fast. Thanks a lot for the review Manzai :)

R

RevolutionSphere

Thread author
I've never been a fan Norton, but it seems to do pretty good here. Great review :) also what is the song called?

Reactions: Manzai

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Just select skip...no interference...that's what I do.
I actually did that last night... and so I have Norton with Webroot.

Observations:
1. Norton runs light and fast. There is very little slowdown in boot up - almost like ESET.
2. Nice GUI.
3. Sometimes the GUI freezes.
4. Too many false positives because of the Community Watch. Examples: flags Perfect Disk process and K9 Web Filter process as threats.
5. Detection rates on 27 malwares the same with Webroot.
6.SONAR very SLOW to respond to 0-day threats.

Reactions: Manzai

Raider Red

Level 2
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
I actually did that last night... and so I have Norton with Webroot.

Observations:
1. Norton runs light and fast. There is very little slowdown in boot up - almost like ESET.
2. Nice GUI.
3. Sometimes the GUI freezes.
4. Too many false positives because of the Community Watch. Examples: flags Perfect Disk process and K9 Web Filter process as threats.
5. Detection rates on 27 malwares the same with Webroot.
6.SONAR very SLOW to respond to 0-day threats.

ifacedown: Have you tried the NIS 2015 beta? Seems to run well...although takes a while to install but nice after that. Maybe it's just my Windows 7.

Raider Red

Level 2
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
My bad...had just finished talking to someone on another forum that was asking for a recommendation and I had a senior moment. Need more sleep here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.