Advice Request Norton security + Comodo firewall

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcopaone

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 15, 2016
Hi, now I'm using Norton security deluxe and my question is if is a good solution to use Norton with comodo firewall or if is just enough to use Norton security deluxe

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Well... As I have never personally used this combo I cannot tell about the compatibility. Nevertheless, there's a reason why Norton is a full suite and not just an antivirus :) I would stick with it and tweak it for best protection.

D

Deleted member 178

Hi, now I'm using Norton security deluxe and my question is if is a good solution to use Norton with comodo firewall or if is just enough to use Norton security deluxe
2 firewalls and 2 behavior blockers, at Same time, not a good practice.

Norton Security Deluxe has a firewall.
Therefore, it is not recommended to install Comodo firewall. But you may install Comodo Cloud, instead.
What for, Norton has all what the user needs.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Besides from firewall and SONAR, Norton has one of the most powerful signatures and removal processes IMO. It's always the first on-demand scanner (NPE) to detect and remove any threat it founds, even @Lockdown's favourites (zero-day malware) lol

D

Deleted member 178

Can people stop recommending to stockpile softs on top of suites...
Suites properly set don't need other softs, if the user need more, either he finds a better suite or he doesn't need a suite and rather use combos of standalone single-purpose softs.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Besides from firewall and SONAR, Norton has one of the most powerful signatures and removal processes IMO. It's always the first on-demand scanner (NPE) to detect and remove any threat it founds, even @Lockdown's favourites (zero-day malware) lol
Nevertheless, since the original poster was looking for an additional security app to enhance protection, I would still suggest OSArmor, for enhanced script protection. OSArmor can be successfully used together with an AV suite.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Nevertheless, since the original poster was looking for an additional security app to enhance protection, I would still suggest OSArmor, for enhanced script protection. OSArmor can be successfully used together with an AV suite.
+1 on this one

As Umbra mentions, softs should not be piled with suites, but OSA can't be consider even software lol, more like a complement and compatible with almost everything!

D

Deleted member 178

OSA is, from its dev mouth, an hybrid between an anti-exe and behavior blocker, so it is a soft. it has processes, startup entries, and services.
Sure it won't break stuff but may be redundant with Norton's Sonar.

SysHardener would be a better choice, it is just automatized tweaks.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It is easy to understand if you compare it to an analog audio set. It is the difference whether you use everything set, or combine by acquiring an amplifier or deck alone.
The software recommended here has an auxiliary role such as equalizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.