App Review Norton Security prevention and detection Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good test :)

Download Insight is literally solid except in such instances where undetected samples manage to run unless SONAR took down.

I think it's a time for them to implement lock down like Hardening Mode from Avast since capable for inexperienced users.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Thanks @safe1st for testing one of my favourites, it did quite well also. :)

Yes, Norton is one of my favourites too :)

I would like to see few samples run offline with Norton

Nice test And Norton online protection is very good.

Sounds good. Test on offline/ no connection

Everyone, do remember that this test was done with SONAR on aggressive(I'm glad someone bothered to test it out. Thanks for the video @safe1st)
So, the default setting could be way different than what we saw.

Yes could be different result. But, its only change 1 setting. I dont think if that make beginner or medium user confuse about it...

Thanks everyone
Have a great Sunday! :)

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
really good protection but high cpu usage version 22.XX.XX
thanks buddy for review :)

Norton and Symantec are not as CPU and Ram heavy as it used to. Its now very fast and light.

Reposting Pic from another post:

3.png

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

Thanks for watching
Hope you all enjoyed the video!

Thanks for the test!:)
Sonar did a pretty good job!!
PUP/PUA detection needs improveme
Hi

I see there's a firewall setting. So is Norton Security Standard or Norton Security Deluxe being used for the test? Or both also have firewall and Sandbox?

According review by pcmag Norton Security Deluxe has a sandbox so is there one in the Standard edition as well?

Symantec Norton Security Deluxe (2017)

Thanks
It will also be available in the standard edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.