NoScript filtered a potential cross-site scripting (XSS) attempt

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Nope working fine here, check for browser add-on compatibility or slow downs, sometimes no-script does this - when my browser is slow to load youtube, and I click too early it will give me a clickjacking attack notice.Rarely happens but I have noticed this twice.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Nope working fine here, check for browser add-on compatibility or slow downs, sometimes no-script does this - when my browser is slow to load youtube, and I click too early it will give me a clickjacking attack notice.Rarely happens but I have noticed this twice.

Ok thanks will do.

What version of NoScript are you on?

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
It says Version 2.9.0.4 and I have set it on automatically update.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
It says Version 2.9.0.4 and I have set it on automatically update.

Ah ha! Mine is NoScript version 2.9.0.5! I use Firefox and have a addon that automatically updates addons for me every 24 hours and restarts the browser for me as well.

Reactions: Rishi

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Let me update mine and try again and see what results I get... stay tuned..

Reactions: ng4ever

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
upload_2016-3-18_18-53-16.png It's still the same, sites are okay.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Maybe they have resolved this by now.. or hosting webserver is different which might be targeted.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually No-Script has little erroneous detection but most of the time the culprit will be on 3rd party website link which may show a flag notification. about the response.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.