Advice Request notebook or desktop pc to play and do office tasks?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello everyone! I am thinking of buying an ASUS FX504GD-E4298T Notebook or a Y720-15IKB Notebook. Or I also have my desktop pc that has an i7-7700, an asus rog strix b250f gaming motherboard, a therlmaltake power supply 500w 80 plus and 20gb of ram. Instead of buying one of those notebooks I could spend the money on a gtx 1070ti 8gb ddr5. What do you think? Thank you very much in advance. Greetings!!!!

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
For me, this is an interesting question, because I myself decided to switch to a laptop. Now I ordered MSI GP73 8RE-469RU Leopard and am waiting for delivery. The answer is clear, I fully agree with shmu26. But I am personally tired of the desktop, I want a portable device (although I don’t have a direct need for it).
I think that for a laptop, if you are going to play sometimes, then it would be better to choose or install RAM into 16 GB. Gaming laptops have pre-installed applications from developers, with which you can customize various gaming options, they additionally consume memory. Plus, if the video card is not strong enough for the used game settings, then it will take additional power from the RAM.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
If you want to play games at FHD res, get a laptop with Skylake or Kabylake CPU w/ GTX 1060M/1070M with optimus tech. There's no point in buying an 8th gen CPU HQ/HK series with 1070M or 1080 Max Q because most notebook lack cooling and gaming experience will be crap unless you repaste, lap the heatsink and repad the VRM,PCH,Chokes and what not!
If you need a portable laptop to do office tasks and have long battery get a cheaper 400$ laptop and invest rest of the money in 1070 Ti or 1080Ti for better gameplay.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Is it convenient for me a laptop as much as 1000 dollars or to buy a gtx 1070ti and a logitech brio for my pc previously detailed? Thank you very much to all for this great community. Greetings!

D

Deleted member 178

Playing on a laptop? No way, unless you are a casual gamers, you will have to buy a laptop every year lol.

Serious gamers uses desktops, more power, better cooling easier upgrading. Not saying i will be amused to see the laptop keyboard state after a year of WoW or counterstrike lol

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Is it convenient for me a laptop as much as 1000 dollars or to buy a gtx 1070ti and a logitech brio for my pc previously detailed? Thank you very much to all for this great community. Greetings!
Depends on your needs and your use case. If you travel often and need a gaming laptop for 60 FPS gaming @FHD/QHD then $1000+ laptop might sound good!
Serious gamers uses desktops, more power, better cooling easier upgrading. Not saying i will be amused to see the laptop keyboard state after a year of WoW or counterstrike lol
I agree with you, desktop is so good than laptop and easy to maintain/upgrade and got tons of USB ports including TB3/USB Gen 2/3. I do have a gaming laptop which can max out any game at 60-75 FPS at FHD only. Higher res can't be done so smoothly on 980M even with minor OC of 200/200 or 300/300 with 50-100mV overvolting on Prema vBIOS.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.