Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
First i hope i picked the correct forum to ask, if not then my apologies.

Now to my question that is making me feel like a freaking noob...but i am asking it none the less. I use notepad++(Was not installed by me by the way.) but every time i open a txt/ini or whatever file then i see the previous opened file? This even happens when i closed NP++ before opening another file.

I tried looking for a setting that lets NP++ start clean, with no previous files still open, but i just can not seem to find it?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you tried:
http://superuser.com/questions/294800/how-to-not-show-the-last-file-when-starting-up-notepad

Uncheck "Remember current session for next launch", see link above for screenshot.

Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Doh why did i not see that all those times i went over the settings? I must be getting old or something. Either way that was indeed all that was necessary, thank you very much Earth. :)

Upvote 0

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
you will find plenty of simple down to Earth resolves here on MT :p

sorry couldn't help myself after half a dozen Bundies lolol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.