Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Final update to Android 7.1 Developer Preview

Today we're rolling out an update to the Android 7.1 Developer Preview -- the last before we release the final Android 7.1.1 platform to the ecosystem. Android 7.1.1 includes the developer features already available on Pixel and Pixel XL devices and adds optimizations and bug fixes on top of the base Android 7.1 platform. [...]

As highlighted in October, we're also expanding the range of devices that can receive this Developer Preview update to Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, and Pixel C.

In early December, we'll roll out Android 7.1.1 to the full lineup of supported devices as well as Pixel and Pixel XL devices.

Continue - Final update to Android 7.1 Developer Preview | Android Developers Blog

Excerpt from Ars Technica

"Going forward, it's not clear whether Pixel phones will receive new Android versions ahead of supported Nexus phones, whether those older devices can eventually expect to support the Pixel Launcher or Google Assistant, or whether even more Pixel-exclusive features will be added to the operating system. Nexus owners are still getting better and faster updates than most other Android phones, but it's clear that Pixel is the future."

Final Android 7.1 beta arrives for Nexus 5X, 6P, 9, and Pixel C

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I do know if any of them are running on Gingerbread you
need to update them or install a updated ROM because
support for Gingerbread is being cut very soon.

People are agitated that the Pixel series may get
updates sooner, I don't see where it matters seeing the
Pixel is google and so is the whole Android platform.
If they favor the Pixel it's their right to do so and no
amount of crying is going to change that.

I have thought about getting the daughters a Pixel but
I am waiting to see what LG & Samsung will drop in the
near future (2017) in answer to the Pixel.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.