NOVA AV ~ Anyone have a copy?

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Found this old promotional image on my computer from a few years ago, an old antivirus from the now defunct Machineworks. Was a very basic on demand scanner. My notes suggest about an 80% detection rate. Just wondered if anyone had a copy or knew where I could get one? The website is long since down and the wayback machine doesn't archive downloads :(

nova.png

Cheers guys

Reactions: Malware1

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
My thinking: do NOT search to download outdated software, if not you will get the virus? Yes?

- so to get the virus packs - search on our Virus Exchange section rather .. please

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
My thinking: do NOT search to download outdated software, if not you will get the virus? Yes?

- so to get the virus packs - search on our Virus Exchange section rather .. please

Lol, I'm not silly enough to be considering using this as a serious AV product, just wanted to get a copy of nostalgia reasons. To analyse as it's method of detection is not 'signature' or hash based but uses byte n-grams which at the time was quite unique.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
What was the url of the official webpage?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.