shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
uncheck "notify me when a new version is available", or it will update you to the paid version

Reactions: AtlBo

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
anyone know whether the anti-exe component of SecureAPlus can compare, in its level of effectiveness, to ERP?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my view the effectiveness of SecureAplus whitelisting may turn not so aggressive compare to ERP because of cloud reference to reduce the alerts.

But likely different since by nature of anti-exe, as long no rules match then alerts will come up.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hey,

Quick question: is Lockdown Mode the recommended protection mode? Or should I just use Alert Mode?

Thanks.
I would recommend using alert mode, at least at first, so you can have a say about what is being blocked. After you have trained ERP, then you can switch to lockdown, if you wish.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Please explain settings: Allow microsoft windows system protected process

It has to do with the fact of the signed malware could bypass novirustnx. recommending turned on or off, thanks.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Please explain settings: Allow microsoft windows system protected process

It has to do with the fact of the signed malware could bypass novirustnx. recommending turned on or off, thanks.
Regardless of possible bypass, I think it's necessary to allow "Microsoft Windows system protected processes". If not, you may end up in an unstable or unbootable OS.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Regardless of possible bypass, I think it's necessary to allow "Microsoft Windows system protected processes". If not, you may end up in an unstable or unbootable OS.
you actually have three ways of dealing with that issue:
1 allow "Microsoft Windows system protected processes" (simplest but slightly less secure)
2 put NVT ERP in learning mode through a couple reboots, and also log in and out of all your user accounts, and let the essential stuff get whitelisted by itself (you will still get prompts now and then, from processes that run only once in a while)
3 add the entire contents of Windows folder to the whitelist

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
CLARIFICATION:
In my last post, I did not mean that you should whitelist the windows folder under the file locations tab. That is not so secure.
I meant to do it under the Applications tab. That way, only the current contents of the folder will be whitelisted.
Of course, you should not do this unless you are confident that your computer is clean.

D

Deleted member 178

CLARIFICATION:
In my last post, I did not mean that you should whitelist the windows folder under the file locations tab. That is not so secure.
I meant to do it under the Applications tab. That way, only the current contents of the folder will be whitelisted.
Of course, you should not do this unless you are confident that your computer is clean.

in fact it is the best method, then after you can stay on Lockdown Mode for ever without issues.
(must be done just after a clean install and be sure all your installed softs are clean)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
So, like this should be fine?

Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg

BTW:
I set NVTERP not to check for new version.
Clipboard00.jpg

But still is connecting to somewhere
Clipboard01.jpg

Is this needed or can be block?

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
So, like this should be fine?

View attachment 125883 View attachment 125884

BTW:
I set NVTERP not to check for new version.
View attachment 125885

But still is connecting to somewhere
View attachment 125886

Is this needed or can be block?
first screenshot is right.

second one, about the program folders, is not right. It is not secure to add those folders to safe file locations. You should delete them from there, and do with them exactly the same as you did with the Windows folder. Or, just delete them and don't add them back anywhere. (see end of next paragraph)

third one, you are correct to untick check for new versions. But since you have added the contents of your Windows folder to whitelisted applications, you should untick the top choice in that list. And if you added also the contents of your program folders, then you should untick the second choice, as well.

as for your glasswire screenshot, you got me there, I have no clue why NVT ERP is calling back home. But you can block it without negative results. NVT ERP is not cloud-based.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Program folders:
you can deal with them in the same 3 ways as I mentioned a few posts above in regard to Windows protected processes

1 tick "allow all software from programs files folder" (simplest but less secure)
2 put NVT ERP in learning mode, and start up your commonly used programs, one after another.
3 add the entire contents of your program folders to the whitelist, on the Applications tab, and include subfolders when you do this.

as before, number 3 should only be used if you are confident that your computer is clean. If you want to enable lockdown mode afterward, then number 3 is for you.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.