App Review NoVirusThanks OSArmor - Demonstration Tests

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello and welcome to the OSArmor test! ;)
OSArmor is a software from the editor NoVirusThanks.
This product is not an antivirus, but rather an add-on that will protect you against unknown malware, exploits vulnerabilities and injectors.
At the request of the editor ( @NoVirusThanks ) , we tested the software with its default mode (Basic Protection) and its highest mode (Extreme Protection)

Basic Protection: OSarmor correctly protects the system against submitted exploits and malware launches. But, on the Ransomware DeriaLock, it blocks the locker, but Deria takes advantage of it to encrypt my files! The test had to stop.
This mode is recommended if you have an antivirus on the side.

Extreme Protection: This mode creates a "Lockdown" system, in fact, OSArmor refuses ALL unsigned software. The exploits are also blocked, the machine is clean after the test.
This mode is recommended if you do risky surfing, or if you have children, so they do not install anything on our computer.

OSArmor is an excellent complement to your antivirus, it is recommendable!

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
@Shadowra

Thank you a lot for taking the time to test OSArmor and for your great words!

You have described Basic and Extreme protection profiles perfectly.

For users that use Basic protection and want to improve blocking of direct .exe malware executions:

You can enable "Block unsigned processes on user space" and " Block signers not present in Trusted Vendors" (to block signed malware).

* Make sure to use only applications that are digitally signed, else you'll get alerts for unsigned processes executed in the system.

Thank you again for the test!

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
No false positives?
I had one false positive with F-Secure, which was corrected in OSA 1.7.8 test 6 or 8. When I had the basic protection, I also checked everything in Digital Code Signature; in Lockdown, I had Block unsigned process on user space, Block execution of msi installers and with the latest version, Protect original registry startup. Most of the exclusions I had to do were for unsigned portable programs or programs not yet on the trusted vendors list, like LibreWolf.
The medium protection profile had added some orange rules, more at risk of false positives I've yet to see. The risk would be higher with advanced protection. I won't go there.

Last edited:
G

Guilhermesene

Thanks for another video 🙂 I find this program sensational when I used it and most likely should use it again. The only thing that bothers me is that it has several languages, just not Brazilian Portuguese 😢 anyway it is a very interesting and lightweight product

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks for your tests. I use OSArmor, medium profile, with F-Secure and Firewall Hardening. OSA is a nice piece of software and the support from the developer is great. I checked every digital signature options.
"...and Firewall Hardening." Because there is so much (everywhere): is firewall hardening a feature of F-Secure, or what source / app for firewall hardening, thanks! :unsure:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
"...and Firewall Hardening." Because there is so much (everywhere): is firewall hardening a feature of F-Secure, or what source / app for firewall hardening, thanks! :unsure:
This is a module in @Andy Ful's Hard_Configurator tool set.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
This is a module in @Andy Ful's Hard_Configurator tool set.

Perfect, have H_C and have done that!! :whistle:

• Applause
Reactions: plat

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.