In2an3_PpG

Level 17
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Following this schedule they will make it compatible with 1809 when we're all about 1901 LOL
I can imagine business clients & other projects having taken precedence over updating OSArmor to work with 1809. NoVirusThanks was probably not aware 1809 might break OSA. Just my opinion.

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Developer
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Quick update (beta build):

Here is a new v1.4.1 (pre-release) test1:
https://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/osarmor_setup_1.4.1_test1.exe

*** Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v1.4 ***

So far this is what's new compared to the previous pre-release:

+ Fixed compatibility issue on Windows 10 1809
+ Fixed some false positives

To install it, first uninstall the previous build, then reboot (not really needed but may help), and install the new build.

Please confirm me it works fine on your Windows 10 1809 OS.

* The GUI still says 1.4, I will update the text to 1.4.1 on next beta build *

Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Quick update (beta build):

Here is a new v1.4.1 (pre-release) test1:
https://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/osarmor_setup_1.4.1_test1.exe

*** Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v1.4 ***

So far this is what's new compared to the previous pre-release:

+ Fixed compatibility issue on Windows 10 1809
+ Fixed some false positives

To install it, first uninstall the previous build, then reboot (not really needed but may help), and install the new build.

Please confirm me it works fine on your Windows 10 1809 OS.

* The GUI still says 1.4, I will update the text to 1.4.1 on next beta build *
It works fine so far! Thank you NoVirusThanks !

plat1098

Level 3
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
A little thing...made a gif (apologies for quality) to illustrate that Edge can open the first time but is blocked next time. Any value at all? By the way, so glad to have OSArmor back, now asking whether EXE Radar Pro will be updated as well for v.1809. Currently, I'm running v. 3.1.0.0 build 1-15052015 in Lockdown mode.

bandicam20181018100656645.gif

RoboMan

Level 25
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Anybody knows how to correctly whitelist on OSArmor? Am I supposed to compelte all the fields? (process, parent, signer). If I add the full process router, like C:/Users/RoboMan/AppData/Wunderlist/Wunderlist.exe" it won't even care...

Azure Phoenix

Level 22
Content Creator
Verified
Anybody knows how to correctly whitelist on OSArmor? Am I supposed to compelte all the fields? (process, parent, signer). If I add the full process router, like C:/Users/RoboMan/AppData/Wunderlist/Wunderlist.exe" it won't even care...
Does that file trigger an alert? All files that trigger alerts are written on the log folder.
You can enter the information found there into the exclusion helper. You don't need to complete every field to exclude a file.

shmu26

Level 72
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
As was mentioned, the easiest way to whitelist is straight from the prompt.
If not, the next easiest way is just to fill in the full path, and leave everything else blank.

given

Level 2
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Zemana
That the whole point.
if you install a 3rd party security soft, it means you don't fully trust/are satisfied by what the built-in security of the OS offers, from this it is a duty to learn what the 3rd party soft can do and use it to the best way possible to supplement what the OS offers.

Using a soft at default setting is already a mistake, default setting were made to avoid installation/usability issues. NO ONE should ever use default settings. If a user can't manage or have the will to learn the software he uses, in our case OSA, better for him to stick using what Win10 offers.

it is isn't ill advice, just the basic logic. With OSA, user dont need CFA , simple as that.

You don't need a bullet-proof vest when you stay in a tank.
you are one of the funny dude around here in MT bro @Umbra :) i really like that line "no need bullet-proof vest when you stay in the tank" good one bro @Umbra

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Developer
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10

RoboMan

Level 25
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10