From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
Quick update (beta build):

Here is a new v1.4.1 (pre-release) test1:
https://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/osarmor_setup_1.4.1_test1.exe

*** Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v1.4 ***

So far this is what's new compared to the previous pre-release:

+ Fixed compatibility issue on Windows 10 1809
+ Fixed some false positives

To install it, first uninstall the previous build, then reboot (not really needed but may help), and install the new build.

Please confirm me it works fine on your Windows 10 1809 OS.

* The GUI still says 1.4, I will update the text to 1.4.1 on next beta build *

noob guy

Level 1
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Quick update (beta build):

Here is a new v1.4.1 (pre-release) test1:
https://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/osarmor_setup_1.4.1_test1.exe

*** Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v1.4 ***

So far this is what's new compared to the previous pre-release:

+ Fixed compatibility issue on Windows 10 1809
+ Fixed some false positives

To install it, first uninstall the previous build, then reboot (not really needed but may help), and install the new build.

Please confirm me it works fine on your Windows 10 1809 OS.

* The GUI still says 1.4, I will update the text to 1.4.1 on next beta build *

It works fine so far! Thank you NoVirusThanks !

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
A little thing...made a gif (apologies for quality) to illustrate that Edge can open the first time but is blocked next time. Any value at all? By the way, so glad to have OSArmor back, now asking whether EXE Radar Pro will be updated as well for v.1809. Currently, I'm running v. 3.1.0.0 build 1-15052015 in Lockdown mode.

bandicam20181018100656645.gif

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Anybody knows how to correctly whitelist on OSArmor? Am I supposed to compelte all the fields? (process, parent, signer). If I add the full process router, like C:/Users/RoboMan/AppData/Wunderlist/Wunderlist.exe" it won't even care...

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Anybody knows how to correctly whitelist on OSArmor? Am I supposed to compelte all the fields? (process, parent, signer). If I add the full process router, like C:/Users/RoboMan/AppData/Wunderlist/Wunderlist.exe" it won't even care...
Does that file trigger an alert? All files that trigger alerts are written on the log folder.
You can enter the information found there into the exclusion helper. You don't need to complete every field to exclude a file.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
As was mentioned, the easiest way to whitelist is straight from the prompt.
If not, the next easiest way is just to fill in the full path, and leave everything else blank.

given

Level 2
Verified
Apr 2, 2017
That the whole point.
if you install a 3rd party security soft, it means you don't fully trust/are satisfied by what the built-in security of the OS offers, from this it is a duty to learn what the 3rd party soft can do and use it to the best way possible to supplement what the OS offers.

Using a soft at default setting is already a mistake, default setting were made to avoid installation/usability issues. NO ONE should ever use default settings. If a user can't manage or have the will to learn the software he uses, in our case OSA, better for him to stick using what Win10 offers.

it is isn't ill advice, just the basic logic. With OSA, user dont need CFA , simple as that.

You don't need a bullet-proof vest when you stay in a tank.
you are one of the funny dude around here in MT bro @Umbra :) i really like that line "no need bullet-proof vest when you stay in the tank" good one bro @Umbra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.