Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I get this error after installing OS armor 1.4 test

"a digitally signed driver is required"

"a digitally signed driver is required" - Google Search

How can I fixed it? it happens as well with the version 1.3 downloaded from NVT web

BTW I have seen that ERP will be updated to v4 soon, any details about this? dates, features?
If you got that error, don't install. If you did, then you must uninstall the program before you reboot, or else disable safe boot. If you ignore the warning, your system will become unbootable.
Or you can wait until Andreas gets the co-signed drivers and issues a new version.
Or... install in a VM. Most VMs don't have safe boot.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I ordered a 10 pack of ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 laptops for the house. I am replacing all of the Windows 10 Notebook/Laptop devices with those and putting the whole security theater behind me. Gaming machines are another story, that leaves 4 gaming rigs that will still have to run Windows 10. But at least the security of all of the devices coming and going to the home will be handled properly without all of the Windows theater.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I ordered a 10 pack of ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 laptops for the house. I am replacing all of the Windows 10 Notebook/Laptop devices with those and putting the whole security theater behind me. Gaming machines are another story, that leaves 4 gaming rigs that will still have to run Windows 10. But at least the security of all of the devices coming and going to the home will be handled properly without all of the Windows theater.
That's pretty impressive, if you can put 10 laptops to use, in one home!

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

The slowdown issue cropped up on my camera server, which is Win10 based, clean install with only a few things running.

After installing OSA my camera software was showing major issues and cameras weren't updating it properly, the whole thing came to a standstill.. Removed it and restarting, hopefully it's back to normal!

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Average Joe does not care about Windows security and is not going to put effort into learning about it. Average Joe's priority is more or less what's for supper and what is on television.

Microsoft focuses on feeding features and ways to make money via Windows to Average Joe and not educating Average Joe one bit - especially not educating Average Joe about Windows security.

Look at Exploit Guard on Windows Home and explain to Average Joe in a few sentences, in terminology, that Average Joe can easily and quickly comprehend and immediately put into action to configure his\her system - easily, quickly, and correctly. You can't. No one can.

It's a pathetic state of affairs.

The point is every person was an Average Joe at some point in his life. When bitter experiences happen to them sometimes repeatedly he starts an introspection and learn and transcend the problem in front of him that is how one become wise. If a particular person is an Average Joe in something he may be an expert, knowledged, wise person in something else. For example you may be knowledged in so so PC security but may be an Average Joe or even poor in other aspects of life. If you visit web forums that is not about PC security people like you there will call you an "Average Joe" :giggle::X3:

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The point is every person was an Average Joe at some point in his life. When bitter experiences happen to them sometimes repeatedly he starts an introspection and learn and transcend the problem in front of him that is how one become wise. If a particular person is an Average Joe in something he may be an expert, knowledged, wise person in something else. For example you may be knowledged in so so PC security but may be an Average Joe or even poor in other aspects of life. If you visit web forums that is not about PC security people like you there will call you an "Average Joe" :giggle::X3:
Everyone is an average Joe in some aspects. I know very intelligent people that have a serious problem with simple mathematics.:)
I know people that studied informatics and are average Joes in computer security.
The phrase 'average Joe' on MalwareTips should be read: average computer user.

Last edited:

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
When i mention Average Joe, by this i mean the classic computer user just browsing, gaming, social media-ing and working...if you are participating on any security forums for more than few days; you aren't Average Joe anymore. You may still be a noob tough :p

According to you an Experienced Joe in security who is not participating other forums for "few days" has to be an Average Joe again. You are still a so called Average Joe in something else :p

The Average Joe may have been participating many things in his life including security forums. To an Average Joe participation in a security forum may be like one is picking a fish from the ocean for fun whereas an experienced fisherman who captures thousands of fish each day making fun of the person who casually picked a fish for fun is the real bankrupt personality here:giggle: Its like the Experienced fisherman laughing at Albert Einstein's poor fishing skills :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
When i mention Average Joe, by this i mean the classic computer user just browsing, gaming, social media-ing and working...if you are participating on any security forums for more than few days; you aren't Average Joe anymore. You may still be a noob tough :p
Unless the distribution is completely skewed, those not participating won't be average, would they?

P

plat1098

I read it like the ones with experience and expertise are disparaging those who aren't in the same tiny little circle. "Noob" and "Average Joe" can be disparaging to those who participate here in some way, especially when you already know where you stand relative to the others. I enjoy the use of OSArmor and it's interesting to learn a bit about how it interacts with Windows. I'll just maintain that frame of mind and ignore the rest.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
3 ReHIPS with isolation disabled

ReHIPS can be used as an anti-exe, if you just delete the rules for the isolated programs. And what's more, the limitations of the demo version will not apply. I tried it, it works great.

Interesting. Thanks for mentioning this.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

The thing is, enterprise/corporate can be secured better than most home users simply by virtue of Windows Pro, AD, Radius and GP control, VDOMS, VLANS and active SIEM. It isn't uncommon in for us to push out GPs that disable windows scripting, .net, and whatever else the environment needs. Out of the box Windows is incredibly insecure, it can be made 'somewhat' secure in a controlled enterprise environment. Once that is done an endpoint AV is dropped on the systems and the whole kit is put behind a UTM/NGFW and things are much more secure.

This is how we operate in a management environment with 33,000 endpoints and not spend 24/7 doing malware cleanups and ransomware removals. Of course with a targeted attack all bets are off. A threat actor will observe, probe and patiently craft a specific attack to intrude on the network. However getting into a network and moving laterally within the network are two very different things even for a skilled attacker. If you want to keep most intruders out you'll prevent laterally movement with tagged VLANS and policy based routing, control ingress/egress and setup policy limitations.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I tested the newest version of ReHIPS (as anti-exe). It is as good as NVTERP in blocking payload execution from scripts. I wait for the new version of OSArmor to test.

3 ReHIPS with isolation disabled

@shmu26, somehow I ended up with chrome.exe appearing as an unbound program. I think I deleted the default rule and created one manually for it to run outside containment. So this appears to be one way to keep isolation enabled while using Chrome without restriction. I still have IE and Firefox running in a container.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The option 'Block any process executed from wscript.exe' does not work properly on my computer. I tested, for example, the below VBS script:
Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run("C:\Users\Public\Downloads\osarmor_setup.exe")
WScript.Quit
In my previous tests WScript.Shell method was blocked by OSArmor. Yet, I noticed that it is not always blocked.
Even when it has been blocked, I can still execute it by double-clicking one or more times on the script file. :(

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.