Troubleshoot NOVO / OneKey Recovery Button Issues

LeeH

Thread author
Dec 5, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Novo button wont take me to recovery options
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Searched the internet....
New here so please excuse my ignorance.... I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z585 with Windows 7 that I picked up off of Craigslist for my son. It is a little glitchy and every now and then I see a message at the bottom right corner saying the windows isn't authentic, also that google chrome need to be updated. There are other issues as well but when I checked Windows it says its authentic and google chrome is current. I tried to restore to factory settings but the novo button doesn't produce the results it should according to every google search result. What it does do is give me a blue Novo Button Menu screen with 4 choices.. 1)normal startup 2)BIOS setup 3) boot menu 4) System Recovery. Choices 1 & 4 both start up normally and I have no idea what to do when in choices 2 & 3. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance....

LeeH

Thread author
Dec 5, 2014
I did and ended up at the system recovery options page where my choices are 1) startup repair 2)system restore 3)system image recovery 4)windows memory diagnostic and 5)command prompt. None of these appear to take me to factory reset.

Upvote 0
I

illumination

I did and ended up at the system recovery options page where my choices are 1) startup repair 2)system restore 3)system image recovery 4)windows memory diagnostic and 5)command prompt. None of these appear to take me to factory reset.
It sounds like the original OS that was installed, was removed/installed over. If this is the case, the recovery is gone, and the onekey function is broken.

Was this by private or by dealer you picked this up?

I would contact the seller and ask if it had been reformatted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LeeH

Thread author
Dec 5, 2014
It was private and unfortunately I have no way of getting a hold of him anymore. I am assuming there is nothing that can be done? No way to manually get into the depths of the hard drive to start the recovery process?
Thanks....

Upvote 0
I

illumination

It was private and unfortunately I have no way of getting a hold of him anymore. I am assuming there is nothing that can be done? No way to manually get into the depths of the hard drive to start the recovery process?
Thanks....
As it is now, it seems there is no recovery on the system. If the installation is indeed legit, you could either borrow a windows 7 disc from a friend and run a repair, or download a windows 7 ISO burn it to disc to do the same.

Inside this thread link im about to post from Jack "our leader" is all the windows 7 versions ISO which can be downloaded and burned to a disc to be used for repair. They are 30 day trials, and can be used for this purpose as well.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-fix-no-bootable-device-–-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.8907/

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Do you have any bootable CD from Lenovo? Or in related software installed from Lenovo where you can attempt to have factory settings?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.