Solved NSIS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Can anybody who knows NSIS installer scripts help me, my problem is that my installer's properties ends up with Language: Language Neutral and i want it to be Language: English (US) or similar to that

156s5s1.png

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Why do you want to change it?The language of the installer,Language Neutral is the default.So based on your UI language,if english, Language neutral is English.Say if an installers language is French or if there is nothing next to Language in the details, Windows Installer looks for resources in the following order:

1. Requested language
2. User's language
GetUserDefaultUILanguage
GetUserDefaultLangID
3. System's language (GetSystemDefaultLangID)
4. English

magicalsnap201211210119.png

They all install in English for me

I dont know if Im following you correctly or if this helps at all.I imagine this would apply to making a program also if this is a screenshot of a program you made

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Yea but my installer is just english so even if its on a another language computer it will still be english

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
imsoadude said:
Yea but my installer is just english so even if its on a another language computer it will still be english
I would think if language is neutral and I live in Germany running windows,that when I instal your program it will instal it in german if thats my UI language

let me run this by my buddy.He is a computer engineer for Rockwell

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Ok, because i know the only language i have in my script is english.

(!insertmacro MUI_LANGUAGE "English") this is the only thing that says language that i can find in the script

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
you want it to look something like this? Is it similar to this?

Code:
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_WELCOME
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_LICENSE "license.rtf"
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_DIRECTORY
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_COMPONENTS
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_INSTFILES
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_FINISH
!insertmacro MUI_LANGUAGE "English"
!insertmacro MUI_LANGUAGE "German"
!insertmacro MUI_LANGUAGE "French"
Section "Extract makensis"
  SetOutPath $INSTDIR
  File ..\makensis.exe
SectionEnd

Isnt there a multi lingual plugin for 3rd party developers?Or install MUI Language packs?If thats what you are looking for

Upvote 0

imsoadude

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Well i just want english so i was curious since it would really be neutral it would just be english so i just wondered if there was something i could add to change it to the properties

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.