nslookup.exe consumes a lot of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanF

Thread author
Jul 10, 2023
Greetings

I need some help.
Since a few days ago, my laptop is running slower, after I checked it turns out that the nslookup.exe program takes up a large amount of RAM memory, sometimes up to 2GB. This happens only when I'm connected to the internet.

Previously, I've tried scanning with antivirus and antimalware, but found nothing suspicious. What should I do?

Ps:I've also read posts related to this on this forum, so I'm attaching the files that I think are important.

nslookup.PNG

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    58.5 KB · Views: 5

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

SmartScreen is off.

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen helps keep your PC safe by checking downloaded files and web content within apps to help protect you from malicious software and potentially unsafe web content. Before an unknown or potentially unsafe downloaded file is opened, Windows will display a warning. If SmartScreen detects potentially unsafe web content in an app, Windows will display a warning in place of the content.

Nagivate to this site:

Go to this section:
2. To Turn On Microsoft Defender SmartScreen for Apps and Files from Web

Click the Download button to download the SmartScreen_to_Warn.reg file.

Save the .reg file to your desktop.

Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
<<<>>>

Next,

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.