Number of Real-time 3rd Party Security products

How many Real-time 3rd Party Security products do you use?

• Total voters

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I use 4 I think.

Emsisoft Internet Security
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free
Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.

Malwarebytes shills much, I know. EIS is my favorite, while since MBARW is the latest addition and also in beta, the most likely to go if anything were to ever happen (but I know it won't).

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Luckily i found out about MT and i learned not to be paranoid about security and to have safe browsing habits.
I don't use 3rd party security software on daily basis.
But i do use ZAM Premium as an on demand scanner and Shadow Defender to test software from time to time.
So about the poll i let you decide if i should vote for zero or two;)

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Luckily i found out about MT and i learned not to be paranoid about security and to have safe browsing habits.
I don't use 3rd party security software on daily basis.
But i do use ZAM Premium as an on demand scanner and Shadow Defender to test software from time to time.
So about the poll i let you decide if i should vote for zero or two;)
I think maybe that you should Vote Zero @tonibalas ,as I think that would best represent your opinion...
especially as you say that SD is used just for software testing.:)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have decided to give Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit a go with my main AV. I really don't know if it actually increases security, anybody got experiences with it?
Have used it for years as I have a Lifetime license.
It has proven itself more than once, try it, adding custom shields is cake and the settings menu is impressive with the content it offers.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
right now:
1 Qihoo 360
2 HitmanPro.Alert
3 Voodooshield beta pro

VS is probably the strongest player here, but it also produces those hard-to-decide alerts, so I put it last.
WD would really be enough for me. the rest is just for fun and paranoia.
I removed Qihoo and am using Windows Defender instead

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
#1 Zemana
#2 EXE Radar Pro
#3 Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
#4 KeyScrambler
#5 Sandboxie
#6 Shadow Defender
#7 Unchecky
#8 PeerBlock
#9 CryptoPrevent (not running in RT, but it's still part of my third party security)
I have other security like Hostsman that updates my hosts, so I technically have more than 8 which was my vote
I would never remove sandboxie, so if anything i'd remove zemana or mbae

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.