Nvidia Ampere Flagship GPU Reportedly Features Up to 24GB GDDR6X and 350W TDP

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
Well you’re right! AMD’s drivers have been a mess. But it’s not something they strive for! They are trying to do some impact and doing so using the best technology! and tell you what, time is running for nvidia as it did for intel . Anyway it’s gonna happen sooner or later! It’s not without a reason that nvidia rushed this whole thing!

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I have given up on AMD GPUs not because the hardware is bad but because their drivers always caused me problems. If they ever fixed that I'd use AMD or NVIDIA depending on whatever is the most cost effective.

As with protection software I'm a fanboy of no hardware manufacturer and will use the most cost/effective alternative that give me the least headaches.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
The only place where AMD drivers are better than Nvidia it's Linux (the AMD hardware architecture it's optimized for Vulkan and Linux uses Vulkan/OpenGL instead of DirectX), they recently got a nice FPS boost with ACO shaders and support accelerated video decoding on browsers (VAAPI) while Nvidia don't eating the CPU when playing 4K@60 videos.

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
but anyway, if someone reading this thinking about buying one of these cards I think they should wait a month and see what AMD and it’s Big Navi have ! I think they have something really good coming, they’ve been quiet (not typical for AMD) not from weakness I think, but because they’re confident! Because they might have anticipated the leap nvidia has in store!
Well.. they crushed it 👌. This competition is great for all of us of course.
AMD achieved big results with this RDNA2, a refresh design!
I hope nvidia won't pull an intel when the RDNA 3 (5nm) is released!
I say 'I hope' because it's best for us when they compete head to head.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Well.. they crushed it 👌. This competition is great for all of us of course.
AMD achieved big results with this RDNA2, a refresh design!
I hope nvidia won't pull an intel when the RDNA 3 (5nm) is released!
I say 'I hope' because it's best for us when they compete head to head.
So any drivers problem? AMD is well known for them...

Reactions: Durden and plat

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
So any drivers problem? AMD is well known for them...
I think, since they brought the fight back to nvidia they'll easily nail the drivers issues eventually :).

Also moving forward, especially with the boost you get when integrating a 5000 series Ryzen cpu with RDNA2 , and what they call "Smart Memory Access", and basically since the new Ryzens put intel to shame and are beating them at their own game (gaming fps) in a move that hopefully won't be the last nail in intel's coffin (again competition is great), more and more users will adopt an all AMD system, and this brings more stability and optimizations.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I think, since they brought the fight back to nvidia they'll easily nail the drivers issues eventually :).

Also moving forward, especially with the boost you get when integrating a 5000 series Ryzen cpu with RDNA2 , and what they call "Smart Memory Access", and basically since the new Ryzens put intel to shame and are beating them at their own game (gaming fps) in a move that hopefully won't be the last nail in intel's coffin (again competition is great), more and more users will adopt an all AMD system, and this brings more stability and optimizations.

I really hope they have improved on the software part. No point in having killer hardware if your drivers crash all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durden

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.