Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
3VbmKz9.jpg

Hi there everyone.

Having trimmed NVIDIA drivers for as long as I can remember, long ago I decided to make a utility to help make the modification and installation process more bearable.
Only lately I decided to make it more presentable, hopefully making it usable by the general public.

The app is pretty bare bones, and probably has bugs the size of rhinos, but I promise I'll work on it if it catches on and there's demand for improvements.

Speaking of improvements, I have a dependency definition scheme in the works, which would enable to define modules that depend on others (eg. the 3D Vision controller making no sense without 3D Vision). Also, I intend to add the option to repackage the drivers into a SFX archive.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
I can't take a guy seriously when he says "Avoid 7-Zip".
"And there’s a problem with this: 7-Zip is free of charge, but its author uses outdated development tools and wants to save a few bytes in the program file at the expense of security. "

He found outdate engine which can be risk for system what you have problem with it... open source not mean clean from bugs, and still is change to get finection even if you use open source software.

If he find and inform creator about issue and Soft de try fix it i dont see point of ciritc him if its good argumantes and don't wire unknow bulk text with out prove.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
"And there’s a problem with this: 7-Zip is free of charge, but its author uses outdated development tools and wants to save a few bytes in the program file at the expense of security. "

He found outdate engine which can be risk for system what you have problem with it... open source not mean clean from bugs, and still is change to get finection even if you use open source software.

If he find and inform creator about issue and Soft de try fix it i dont see point of ciritc him if its good argumantes and don't wire unknow bulk text with out prove.
As per this guy opening a Google page would be a security risk. He is too paranoid.

Reactions: Weebarra

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Linux kenrel also still have patches for risk issues which has been discovered

If he discover issue/risk in your tool You gonna blame him instand of try change fix/it ...

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
open source not mean clean from bugs, and still is change to get finection even if you use open source software.
Listen, because you misunderstood open source software.
1. nobody has claimed that open source software is bug-free.
2. the blog entry is not about the code having errors, but about the program being compiled incorrectly. So you can compile this program yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.