Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Nvidia has disclosed a group of security vulnerabilities in the Nvidia graphics processing unit (GPU) display driver, which could subject gamers and others to privilege-escalation attacks, arbitrary code execution, denial of service (DoS) and information disclosure.

Meanwhile, the Nvidia virtual GPU (vGPU) software also has a group of bugs that could lead to a range of similar attacks. [...]
Nvidia has released patches to mitigate all of the bugs, which uses can download at through the Nvidia Driver Downloads page or, for the vGPU software update, through the Nvidia Licensing Portal. Affected version tables are available in Nvidia’s advisory, released Friday.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I want to download for my GeForce GTX 1050Ti but the date is not new. Why?
1619472660602.png

rndmblk

Level 3
Nov 18, 2020
This reinforces to me how important it is to update all of your software if you want to maximise security. Until this article I didn't specifically think there would be a vulnerability in a driver. Not that I thought it couldn't, just didn't have it front of mind

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
When you read their forum people stay with month old drivers since all after a certain version number break their favorite game (different ones). E.g Wow shadow lands got problems for month. Whenever I read the comments I really hope that the new driver will work for the game I play at that moment. People cried for month with 3XXX gpu and VR problems. I would also be upset with a 1000$k gpu not working because of "quality" drivers :D

Reactions: Venustus

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
This reinforces to me how important it is to update all of your software if you want to maximise security. Until this article I didn't specifically think there would be a vulnerability in a driver. Not that I thought it couldn't, just didn't have it front of mind

More security Vs lost of FPS and stutters on YouTube, you decide.

I am taking the chance and staying with the best FPS, staying with old drivers until a better performance and more stable driver from Nvidia.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.