Advice Request NvTelemetryContainer.exe (x86)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Keeps popping up to gain access to my system with WFC (Windows Firewall Control) and I keep clicking Block this program (Always block this program to access the internet)

It doesn't stop it though. What is wrong or why does it keep popping up ? Never use to happen.

Yes I have a Nvidia video card.

P

plat1098

I followed this guide to disable Nvidia telemetry:

Disable Nvidia Telemetry tracking on Windows - gHacks Tech News

It is specifically in Task Scheduler and via services.msc/Nvidia Telemetry--Properties. It doesn't matter if you install every component of the driver package or just certain ones such as the PhysX, you still will get the telemetry. You will also have to disable the Nvidia Telemetry Container again if you update the driver package or if it's updated for you via Windows.

Reactions: Vasudev
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Pi-Hole already blocks all Nvidia spying. But here's the domains to deep six.

gfwsl.geforce.com
gfe.geforce.com
telemetry.nvidia.com
gfe.nvidia.com
telemetry.gfe.nvidia.com
events.gfe.nvidia.com

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Try removing bloats from nvidia driver using this screenshot. Unpack it using 7-zip.
nvidia_unmodded.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.