Disk Cleanup: CCleaner 3.13.1600 + CCEnhancer
Disk Defrag: Auslogics Disk Defrag 3.3.0.2
System Utilities : Windows 7 Manager V3.0.5
Backup: Acronis True Image Home 2012

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Hey and warm welcome :)

You could add WOT, panda url. no need for for AV?

Regards,
Valentin N

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
ClearCloud DNS?! Read the following:
GFI said:
Effective September 1, 2011, GFI's ClearCloud DNS service will be discontinued and no longer available for consumer use. While we have many loyal ClearCloud DNS users, we have found that most customers prefer the more robust web filtering solution available as a feature in our VIPRE Premium product. We would like to thank all of the beta testers for their valuable feedback throughout this last 12 month evaluation period. To discontinue using the ClearCloud DNS service, you will need to reconfigure your network connection. If this is not done prior to September 1, 2011, your Internet connectivity will be interrupted.

P

Plexx

You could add Norton DNS as ClearCloud DNS is gone. You can use DNS Jumper to jump between DNS.

Are you using CAV by any chance or it is really no AV?

Additional software I could recommend:

Application Hardening:
*EMET.

Password Manager:
*Lastpass.

*Unlocking software for stuck applications:
unlocker 1.9.1 (64bit edition).

*Panda URL Filter (install it via the Panda Toolbar and then remove straight away the Toolbar only);

Virtualization: Sandboxie.

Swap Acronis for a free alternative as it does use way more resources such as EaseUS or Paragon.

That is all I can think off for now, although you can look at other configs for some ideas.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Clearcloud even its discontinue, the side effect may occur since its no longer developed.

You can add Sandboxie there as your virtualization.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Hi Nydarion, nice set up, ClearCloud was a fine DNS filter against Malware, but suspect as others have pointed out that this no longers acts as a deterrent against attacks as was removed in September.
I suggest Norton DNS or using Panda URL filter (both already mentioned here)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello Nydarion, and welcome to MalwareTips.

Your config looks quite secure to me. Well done ;)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Since you have no AV I recommend that you save the file and look at the end of the file. if you see avi.exe, jpg.exe or similar then it's malware and have comodo sanbox enabled.

I still suggest that you an AV just in case.

if you have problems with comodo just make a topic in the comodo sector.

You can also get hardware feedback (optional), if you wish to.

Regards

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Real Time Protection:
Did you change any other settings in the Comodo Firewall? You can use this guide to improve the protection from the COMODO Firewall - http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Guide-on-how-to-install-and-configure-Comodo-Firewall
You have a good config but it's based only on prevention so I would recommed that you add an antivirus engine to your setup as your Risk level is set to 'High'.

Additional browser protection:

WOT (Free) - link
To help you avoid malicious sites you can use Web of Trust (WOT) a website rating browser plugin. After you add it to your browser make sure you only visit websites rated "Green" by WOT

LastPass (Free) - link
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

Virtualization:
I'm sure you've heard about Sandboxie and now that it works decently on 64bits maybe you should give it a try... :D
Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

FrontPageAnimation.gif

FrontPageLegend.png

+1 for backing up .. overall you have a good config ..Stay safe!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.