Expired O&O Defrag 23.5 Professional Edition - Free Lifetime License

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.oo-software.com/de/special/hsa622
How to get a license
Enter your email address and click the green button "Kostenlose Lizenz anfordern/Request free license

9724anon7537

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2018

NEW! O&O Defrag 23 Pro - Now with the world's first SSD optimization SOLID/COMPLETE!​

ooBlogStock_670x428_ood23.png

With O&O Defrag 23, we present our SOLID/COMPLETE method, which enables a unique performance enhancement.
Our new O&O Defrag 23 Pro is now available with some groundbreaking new features!

SSDs have many advantages: they are fast, small and strong in memory. And they – supposedly – do not fragment. But that’s not true, because like any system that wants to save files quickly, files are distributed over the entire memory over time. So far, there were only rudimentary approaches to restore the original speed of an SSD.

The problem: every file system is fragmented. This means that over time, files will no longer be filed consecutively but, instead, be scattered across the computer’s entire storage area. This can’t be avoided because files are subject to constant changes. In order to avoid fragmentation, you’d need to know all the newly arriving files as well as all changes and deletions in advance. This is simply not possible.

The solution: This is where O&O Defrag 23 goes to work with its new SOLID/COMPLETE method: scattered file fragments will be reconnected and saved in fewer memory cells. This leads to fewer read and write accesses to these memory cells. The result is the SSD running faster and its life expectancy increased on account of reduced read and write accesses.

Along with the new SOLID/COMPLETE, the existing SOLID/QUICK method has been extended: it is now faster than COMPLETE and suitable for an occasional faster defragmentation:
  • SOLID/COMPLETE: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, is a thorough optimization of the SSD.
  • SOLID/QUICK: This method, developed specifically for SSDs, performs a superficial optimization of the SSD. This method is gentler and faster.
  • Also new: ClusterView for SSDs: In order to represent the degree of fragmentation of an SSD, the ClusterView now maps the logical structure of an SSD so that, accordingly, 6 blocks are combined into one.
Both methods sustainably extend the life of the SSD but differ in terms of the duration and protection of the hardware.

Read our more detailed Blog entry

We have written a more detailed blog entry on this topic explaining how an SSD is constructed and the exact process that leads to fragmenting and wear and tear. You can read it right here.

The most comprehensive tuning application for all your disks

A positive side-effect of developing the defragmentation method SOLID has been found in tests on “classic” hard disks: it is O&O Defrag’s most resource and hardware-friendly defragmentation method ever, with optimal results, and sets the new standard for defragmentation.

As we mention above, files are also fragmented on SSDs. Data is often distributed to more memory cells than would be necessary. By defragmenting an SSD using our new method SOLID, it is possible to reduce the number of cells used to store file parts down to significantly fewer.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Yes for me too, but there is a service always running in the background, and it sends more data them I like to O&O servers (this month 1,36 GB/send), no very good in privacy:

View attachment 251608

View attachment 251609
I had only used the portable version of the product to avoid background services. For a disk defrag I wouldn't want it to connect to internet as I always update manually, so I would block application network access using firewall if I wanted to use installer version.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
I had only used the portable version of the product to avoid background services. For a disk defrag I wouldn't want it to connect to internet as I always update manually, so I would block application network access using firewall if I wanted to use installer version.
where do you get portable version? on official site there's only installable option :unsure:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Snake oil, TRIM is enough for SSDs and if you want higher speeds then consider upgrading to a NVMe.

Defrag it's only useful on mechanical hard drives using a lesser intelligent filesystem like NTFS.
Microsoft doesn't think that TRIM is enough, as Windows 10 defrags SSDs. I've run benchmarks with CrystalDiskMark, before and after defragging a SSD with O&O. There was an increase in performance after defragging. Is it essential to defrag SSDs? Definitely not. But sometimes it will increase performance.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Isthe 23 version pretty much the same as the new 24 version?
With O&O Defrag 24, we present our “Install & That’s All” function! Especially now, with many of us working from home, the reliable and optimal performance of our PCs is more important than ever. Time is also of the essence. That is why we have developed “Install & That’s All”. All you have to do is install the program and O&O Defrag 24 does the rest, fully automatic, in the background and with no impact on your system. It saves you the time and stress of configuration, letting you focus on the important things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.