Expired O&O Products Discount 66-80%

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.oo-software.com/en/products
Event start
Aug 14, 2019
Event end
Aug 21, 2019
How to get a license
Choose the product and click on the green " Buy Now " button. Use the discount code : SALE2019

Fill in personal details and the preferred payment method. Verify and complete.

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
O&O Products that you can get on discount. Ends August 21, 2019. The deal is for 1 PC.

Discount code : SALE2019

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Anyone recall the days when O&O was promising that their backup app could restore any system backup to any hardware and make it work? I think this must have been back around 2012-2013, but I wanted to try that software so much but never had the opportunity. That sounded like my kind of challenge and software.

Also, anyone know does O&O have a really good cleaner? I am stuck with the stock free Wise cleaner for now. It's not bad since it's easy to schedule, but it doesn't have any whistles. My best other option is Ashampoo WinOptimizer 2012 which I got for free way back. I am using W7, so it's still decent, but I want something better than Wise free and I don't the old Ashampoo fits the job...

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Anyone recall the days when O&O was promising that their backup app could restore any system backup to any hardware and make it work? I think this must have been back around 2012-2013, but I wanted to try that software so much but never had the opportunity. That sounded like my kind of challenge and software.
Ever since Vista, you can restore a backup to different hardware and usually, Windows will boot with no issues. With Windows 10, the support for different hardware was improved. Usually you will only have issues, if you have a corrupted Windows install. In which case, AOMEI Backupper Pro has the option to restore a backup to dissimilar hardware. Other backup software can do this too. But when I had issues getting a backup to work on a different computer a while back, AOMEI was the only software I tried, that was able to get Windows to boot, without a BSOD. Others software, including Macrium, did not work.

The O&O software which did this, was discontinued years ago.
I am stuck with the stock free Wise cleaner for now. It's not bad since it's easy to schedule, but it doesn't have any whistles.
I'd stick with Wise Disk Cleaner. It's safe to you and will find more junk than the majority of cleaners.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Ever since Vista, you can restore a backup to different hardware and usually, Windows will boot with no issues. With Windows 10, the support for different hardware was improved. Usually you will only have issues, if you have a corrupted Windows install. In which case, AOMEI Backupper Pro has the option to restore a backup to dissimilar hardware. Other backup software can do this too. But when I had issues getting a backup to work on a different computer a while back, AOMEI was the only software I tried, that was able to get Windows to boot, without a BSOD. Others software, including Macrium, did not work.

The O&O software which did this, was discontinued years ago.

@roger_ m thanks for this information. Very helpful as I am looking at replacing a motherboard for a system here, and I was wondering if I would be able to boot to the changed hardware. I considered the idea of booting into Safe Mode and installing the new motherboard drivers, but getting rid of the old drivers first might be a little bit of a challenge with this old Biostar motherboard. If I recall the drivers installed almost like a flashing operation. It was kind of strange without verification that the installation had ended.

When I get serious, I will look into capturing an image of the system with AOMEI Pro. Luckily I can still access the drive with a relatively small amount of effort. After a long time sitting cold, it will hard freeze (no mouse/keyboard...nothing works) after a couple of days of normal/heavy use, then over a few hours with the reboot, then it finally won't even start after a few more freeze shortened sessions.

This started when I moved from an E2160 processor to a Q9400 processor on this board. This is nearly the absolute most powerful processor compatible with the board, and I speculate that something to do with the voltages may be the problem with this much more powerful processor. The range of processors the board supposedly can support is almost ridiculous...from 200 passmark for low end Pentium all the way up to 3000+ with the quad core chips...

I'd stick with Wise Disk Cleaner. It's safe to you and will find more junk than the majority of cleaners.

Yes, I like it better than CCleaner so far. Really like the auto-clean option...

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Follow up funny story on this. Was going through a really old backup of a backup drive this AM and ironically found the installer for O&O 6 Professional. It was mixed in with a couple of hundred old zipped but interesting installers there. So, I'm trying to do some cleaning out of old data that I KNOW I don't want to keep. At any rate, wasn't sure if I had won a key or participated in a free offer for O&O 6, because the key wasn't in the installer name like I usually do. Went online to check the mail and did a search all the way back to 2013, the date of the installer, and sure enough there in my Online Receipts folder was the e-mail with the key. So I tried installing with the key, but it said it was 32 bit and wouldn't run on 64 bit W7. Tried compatibility but same issue. Back to the e-mail, and I noticed separate download links in the e-mail for 32 and 64 bit versions, so I clicked on the 64 bit version link from the e-mail and suprise after 7 years the link still works :ROFLMAO:...WHAT! O&O I always thought the company seemed like it has its act together. OK, anyway this is getting hilarious to me now, because it's not like I need the program. It's just that I never got the chance to switch over to O&O on the old XP 32 bit PC where I had been using FBackup so long. I had so many FBackup backups that I was a slave at that point. Then came other computers. At any rate, the 64 bit download dropped right into downloads in this 64 bit Windows. OK, so then I tried the key with the 64 bit version, but it didn't work :(. Oh well, I thought, no great loss and then started to uninstall with Comodo Programs Manager. Well, just then something stopped me, and I thought maybe I got the key wrong. So I went back to the e-mail. Then I noticed that I had been trying the first of 3 keys there in e-mail, not just THE key (3 key giveaway!). So I grabbed the 2nd one, but no go on it either. Finally, I tried the 3rd key and HOHOHO, it installed. How hilarious is this? Just ironic I guess. Not sure if this is the version that will supposedly install a backup on foreign hardware. Have to wait to see on that one until I can get a new motherboard for the misfiring PC I have...

I always hoped to get a chance to use this software, even though Paragon suits my purposes just fine. Hope to get at least one chance to see how this works, and I will probably install O&O 6 Pro back on the old XP PC where I planned to use it years ago. Oh well, I guess there is nostalgia even in computing lol...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.