OAP and Sandboxie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
What are the tweaks that i have to make to run Sandboxie and OAP without any conflicts?So far when i browse using Firefox 17.0.1 i get a green border flashing at the top of the window and also it seems that aero is disabled for firefox when i resize the window.Using SBIE 3.76 and OAP 6.0.0.1376 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit system.

D

Deleted member 178

Welldone said:
What are the tweaks that i have to make to run Sandboxie and OAP without any conflicts?So far when i browse using Firefox 17.0.1 i get a green border flashing at the top of the window and also it seems that aero is disabled for firefox when i resize the window.Using SBIE 3.76 and OAP 6.0.0.1376 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit system.

this incompatibility is well known : http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/5208-known-online-armor-issues/?p=31538

also, OAP webshield doesn't work inside Sbie.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Welldone said:
What are the tweaks that i have to make to run Sandboxie and OAP without any conflicts?

OA should be OK along Sandboxie as long as you don't enable Run safer for the processes of the programs that you run sandboxed. You can instead enable Drop Rights in SBIE to get basically the same effect in the sandbox.

Make sure Software compatibility is enabled in Sandboxie settings for OA.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.