Verified
Oct 8, 2016
Hello all,

I open a poll with this question :

• Obsufactor a good thing or not ?
And I for answer :

• Yes, and why
  • No, and why
Personally I vote no cause is blocking the aid between developer and do some false virus :S

(sorry if I put it in the bad section @Spawn)

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
That's a trick question because it has its pros and cons

pros:
Protects people's and enterprise's code against stealing and copying;
cons:
It is used by malware creators and black hat hackers to hide their malware's code.

Although obfuscation has some advantages for people with good intentions, I don't think It is good for security reasons, luckily it can be easily get bypassed.

Unlocalized

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 8, 2016
That's a trick question because it has its pros and cons

pros:
Protects people's and enterprise's code against stealing and copying;
cons:
It is used by malware creators and black hat hackers to hide their malware's code.

Although obfuscation has some advantages for people with good intentions, I don't think It is good for security reasons, luckily it can be easily get bypassed.
Thank's for you reply ! :)

Reactions: DardiM

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I voted "no".

I think that if we want to protect our creations, it's better to make our own obfuscation methods, if we want to protect some parts.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.