Office 2013 Icons Leak, Show More Metro-fication

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Source: http://www.liveside.net/2012/06/30/exclusive-new-office-2013-application-icons-revealed/

Just a month ago, LiveSide brought you the new Office 2013 logo (shown on the right), which brings the logo in line with other Microsoft logos such as Windows and Visual Studio, giving it a slight metro-style touch. However, with every release of the Microsoft Office suite, we also see a new design of the individual application icons (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint…etc.) which characterizes each release. For the upcoming Office 2013 this is no exception either, and we managed to grab hold of several screenshots of these new icons for a couple of applications. First up, check out the new OneNote 2013 icon below with the slogan “Keep tabs on your life”:

Office-2013-Logo2.png
Excel-2013.png
OneNote-2013.png

Outlook-2013_thumb.png

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
The icons look pretty metro to me although the release could go without the slogan for OneNote in my opinion.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Since Windows 8 is coming out everything is going to look Metro. Just to match the operating system.

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:
Since Windows 8 is coming out everything is going to look Metro. Just to match the operating system.

yes, and this is poor, metro style is without imagination...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yes the operating system is coming out, they should try and make everything look like it. Why not leave the currently look of the 2010 look when the 2013 come out?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
because they think we are all "sheeps"

Hmm, yeah I see that. Well look on the bright side, the new Office is coming :D

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
hope we can get free upgrade from office 2010 to office 2013 ;)....

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
pcjunklist said:
I hope they don't put a windows 8 only sticker on it like IE10

I doubt that very much, They would miss out on alot of sales from Windows 7 users.

/$$$

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Did they ever put Office 2010 as Windows Vista and 7 only as they did for ive essentials and IE9. Its because those were free products. Rest assured MS would also release Office 2013 for Win98 if there is a sufficiently large user base.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
pcjunklist said:
I hope they don't put a windows 8 only sticker on it like IE10

IE10 will also be available for win 7 after the final release of win 8

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They've been very quiet about IE10 for Windows 7.

Cool new logo designs, except Excel's X looks out of line.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
samit said:
IE10 will also be available for win 7 after the final release of win 8

Well that would be good. Can't wait for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.