Office Info Needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I use Office 2013 Standard...Standard is a volume version.
I do custom install & only install Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Shared Features & Tools.
But you know Windows Updates downloads updates for not installed component/features too i.e updates for One Note, Outlook, etc... too. And these updates are most of the time big. And thus eats my limited bandwidth.

There are individual/standalone installers too.
But I am little confused.
Office 2013 Standard installer is app 660MB. But the standalone installers are bigger i.e Standalone Volume installers of Word, Excel & Powerpoint are app 1500MB (app 500MB each).
So the Suite is 660MB & Standalone 3 features are 1500MB?
Does this means Standalone Word, Excel & PP has more functions/features compared to included Word, Excel & PP in Suite? And thus the updates will be bigger too?
But I guess still the overall updates for the Suite will be bigger than Standalone overall updates, right?

Reactions: Logethica
H

hjlbx

Thread author
I use Office 2013 Standard...Standard is a volume version.
I do custom install & only install Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Shared Features & Tools.
But you know Windows Updates downloads updates for not installed component/features too i.e updates for One Note, Outlook, etc... too. And these updates are most of the time big. And thus eats my limited bandwidth.

There are individual/standalone installers too.
But I am little confused.
Office 2013 Standard installer is app 660MB. But the standalone installers are bigger i.e Standalone Volume installers of Word, Excel & Powerpoint are app 1500MB (app 500MB each).
So the Suite is 660MB & Standalone 3 features are 1500MB?
Does this means Standalone Word, Excel & PP has more functions/features compared to included Word, Excel & PP in Suite? And thus the updates will be bigger too?
But I guess still the overall updates for the Suite will be bigger than Standalone overall updates, right?

Isn't the Standard installer an on-line installer ? In other words it has to download additional components from Microsoft ?

The Standalone installer has all the modules - so - no online download of additional objects is needed.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
All my Office installers are online ones, I've never yet come across a standalone installer, the online installer is approx 1.6MB download, but the offline version would be about 1.05GB - that's what my control panel program lists the full enterprise 2016 edition.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Isn't the Standard installer an on-line installer ? In other words it has to download additional components from Microsoft ?

The Standalone installer has all the modules - so - no online download of additional objects is needed.
Office 2013 Standard Suite - It has all the features. I downloaded it from getintopc site. Its official offline installer.
Standalone installer - Individual offline installer of Word, Excel & Powerpoint. Its on mydigitallife site. Its official installer.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Office 2013 Standard Suite - It has all the features. I downloaded it from getintopc site. Its official offline installer.
Standalone installer - Individual offline installer of Word, Excel & Powerpoint. Its on mydigitallife site. Its official installer.

I am not sure then. It has been long time since I used Microsoft OfficeSuite. Security Risk... ;)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
All my Office installers are online ones, I've never yet come across a standalone installer, the online installer is approx 1.6MB download, but the offline version would be about 1.05GB - that's what my control panel program lists the full enterprise 2016 edition.
Does the online installer means you can download only the components needed like Word, Excel & Powerpoint only?
And Windows Updates gives updates for downloaded & installed components like Word, Excel & Powerpoint only?

I downloaded Office 2013 Standard offline installer from here ---
Office 2013 Standard 32 Bit 64 Bit Free Download
I downloaded 32 Bits. Its 659 MB.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When it comes on functions then both editions provides equally same to each other. One of them combines into one which why size varies.

However updates are depends upon your configuration to the Microsoft Office product install.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Anyone have installed Office 2016 on Win 10?
I installed Office 2016 Standard on Win 10 64. In the Start Menu its not in a folder i.e Word is under "W", Excel is under "E", etc...
This was not the case with Off 2013.
Just want to know its correct with Off 2016 or corrupt install here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.