Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Official Fusion OS

Hey everyone!

This is going to be the official Fusion OS thread, and the only official one. Fusion has come a long way since its last appearance in June. We are working on creating a stunning interface with our very talented Lead Graphics Designer, Cosmin. We believe the way you interact with an OS is essential to its ease of use, and overall usability. We will be ready to release an alpha build of Fusion OS in 1-2 weeks which will contain and almost final User Interface. Also if you want to learn more, and become a member of the Fusion OS Development team please visit http://www.fusionos.net/ and sign up there. We will have much more news to come. Specifically we are looking for Programmers to help with this project, but, if you feel you can contribute your time, or abilities in a different way please don’t hesitate to contact us. You will be hearing much more in the next few weeks, and we will be posting about our Milestone Achievements, and information about our upcoming OS. Thanks for reading!

- RKWJ25
- Posted 30 October 2010 - 22:37

desktop.png

Fusion OS Beta – Now Available!

The Beta version of Fusion OS has been released today packing many new features from the alpha, and has a totally redesigned user interface. You can grab your copy of Fusion if you head on over to http://www.fusionos.net/ and click on the download button. You have the choice of Direct Download or Torrent, direct download may start to slow down as more users download from it, so if possible lets try and get many seeders for the torrent, so we can get it BLAZING FAST. Also here are the known issues / incomplete things in the Beta:

- No Bootscreen (It is there but not enabled due to some problems)
- No search bar (again it is there, but looks horrible at the moment and has issues)
- Date & Time do not stay centered when resolution is changed
- The installer has many references to Ubuntu (mainly images) only because our images are not yet completed, but will be in next version.

Things to expect so far from the next version of Fusion OS:

- Bootscreen
- Finished Installer
- Centered Date & Time
- Completed Widget Platform
- Finished search bar
- Installation size minimized (would like shave off a few hundred mb)
- Feedback tool
- And any bugs fixed that you all find!

So please enjoy the beta test it thoroughly and try and break it please post any bugs you encounter, and suggestions for future version because remember if you don’t let us know it might never happen / get fixed! So get ready. Get set. DOWNLOAD!

- Keith.
- Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:37

The are screen-shots scattered through that topic. :D Downloading now (torrent).

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Torrent download was taking too long. Switched to direct download.

It comes with the VirtualBox Additions pre-installed. Saves the hassle of a install and reboot. :D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I am going to download this and give it a try, been a long while since doing something like this.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I think that I will have to give it a try...looks interesting

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice looking interface of OS Fusion. Also the transparency :)

new user

Jun 18, 2011
This is pretty pointless. It's just another re-branding of Ubuntu, and a modified Gnome 2. Don't they know gnome 2 is deprecated and by next year nobody will be using it? They will be either on Gnome 3 or something else.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not a Linux user or fan here, but I don't what you could make of this.

Thanks, and Fusion is based on Ubuntu Minimal 10.10.
Post #300
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/949778-fusion-os-official/page__st__285

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
new user said:
This is pretty pointless. It's just another re-branding of Ubuntu, and a modified Gnome 2. Don't they know gnome 2 is deprecated and by next year nobody will be using it? They will be either on Gnome 3 or something else.

I hope they don't go with Gnome 3 by that time, even though I'll probably be on Win7 again at that point, right now I'm using Mint which does use Gnome 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.