Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As some of you already noticed, we have removed Online Armor ++ from the www.emsisoft.com website.

This is our current roadmap for Online Armor++:

Our long term goal is to merge our product development departments of Online Armor and Anti-Malware to create a new common code base for both. That's required for best coordination of the products.

Emsisoft offers a bundle of Anti-Malware and Online Armor Premium which is now called "Emsisoft Internet Security Pack". It's the best choice for overall protection as it combines the advanced antivirus/antimalware scanning features of Anti-Malware with the awarded firewall and HIPS features of Online Amor.

To avoid redundant development of antivirus components, we have decided to not continue development of Online Armor++. That means we'll not implement the new optimized Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 scan engine and not extend the antivirus scanner capabilities in Online Armor++.

Online Armor++ is still available on the www.online-armor.com website for a while, but we recommend all users to choose the Internet Security Pack over Online Armor++ because it's expected that the product lifecycle ends on the long run.

Emsisoft offers all Online Armor ++ customers to switch their license to the Internet Security Pack for free! Please contact our customer support if you want to do so.

Link

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
So as far as I understand Emsisoft released their Internet Security software or they just merged two installation files (EAM + OA) into one?

varunit

Level 1
Sep 16, 2011
Well, thanks for the info. But there seems to be a problem with the downloads section, as all the three products have the same download size and same file name.. LOL :D
http://i.imgur.com/RaXov.jpg

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As far I know, from the website before until now, they combined EAM+OA.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
pablozi said:
So as far as I understand Emsisoft released their Internet Security software or they just merged two installation files (EAM + OA) into one?

Almost. At the moment, they are offering the Internet Security 'Pack' which would be the 2 installation files.

In the long term, EAM and OA will be integrated into one product.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
OK guys. Thanks for the info.

D

Deleted member 178

OA++ was useless compared to EAM + OA because it dont include the BB "Mamutu"

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Great move! Emsisoft bought Online Armor more than 1 year ago...and I was wondering when they were going to announce this merge..still wonder why this took so long.... :p
Emsisoft had no chance in the security market without a complete suite, this is also a real problem for MBAM.With this merge Emsisoft will become a serious player , and while I have no doubt that the final Emsisoft Internet Security will offer a high prevention rate , the only concern would be on the resource usage...Hopefully they'll manage to make a light suite from this great products.

D

Deleted member 178

Jack said:
Emsisoft had no chance in the security market without a complete suite, this is also a real problem for MBAM.With this merge Emsisoft will become a serious player , and while I have no doubt that the final Emsisoft Internet Security will offer a high prevention rate , the only concern would be on the resource usage...Hopefully they'll manage to make a light suite from this great products.

i cant say better. and the price should be a concern too , Emsisoft is pretty expensive actually.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
i cant say better. and the price should be a concern too , Emsisoft is pretty expensive actually.

I can bet that it will be an average price...around $50 but I've talked in the past with the Emsisoft marketing department and I can tell you that this guys love to give discounts ..so most likely you'll be able to find a major discount for this product. :)

D

Deleted member 178

Jack said:
love to give discounts ..so most likely you'll be able to find a major discount for this product. :)

i cant deny it, thanks to them for giving me 120 days more via the referral program :D

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hello, everyone!

Discounts on Emsisoft: http://freebiest.com/software/emsisoft-online-armor-firewall-discount-coupon-codes.html

Seem to much better on detection in Emsissoft Version #6. Wondering it their is a better FireWall?

Best regards,
Moose

D

Deleted member 178

for me the only equivalent firewall than OAP is Comodo Firewall,

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Good move, very viable to stay in the game in the long run, but whether they execute this plan/move/change right is another matter. As Jack said, even though this is their new goal I/we very much doubt it will offer the solid protection we are used to. But am sure it'll be above average (including RAM usage etc....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.