Expired OkayFreedom VPN 1 year free!

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
The exe itself is detected because of the .js files (javascript) which are used to inject ads in your browser when using the free version. Deleting the .js files should not harm the VPNs function. This is fact at least on the paid version (which you are getting here). While the .js files are inside the exe at first, there should be two of them after installation. Both are detected by ESET as a javascript injection.

Because of how they work, ESET detects them rightly so but they are not harmful. Just an annoyance for free users.

D

Deleted member 2913

The exe itself is detected because of the .js files (javascript) which are used to inject ads in your browser when using the free version. Deleting the .js files should not harm the VPNs function. This is fact at least on the paid version (which you are getting here). While the .js files are inside the exe at first, there should be two of them after installation. Both are detected by ESET as a javascript injection.

Because of how they work, ESET detects them rightly so but they are not harmful. Just an annoyance for free users.
Are both removed by Eset?
And if both removed by Eset...does this means if free version installed & Eset remove both detection then you will not get ads on free version?

Reactions: JM Safe

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Are both removed by Eset?
And if both removed by Eset...does this means if free version installed & Eset remove both detection then you will not get ads on free version?
No it will not remove ads.When ESET detects a "potentially unwanted application" you will have to decide what action to take.
  • Disconnect: This option ends the action and prevents the potential threat from entering your system.
  • No action: This option allows a potential threat to enter your system.
  • To allow the application to run on your computer in the future without interruption, click Show Advanced Options and select the check box next to Exclude from detection.
KB2629Fig1-2.png

PUA's could install adware,toolbars or other unwanted potentially harmful applications by running it.If you are unsure about the software then it would be best to disconnect and then you can research it online.
However in the case it is a known FP
On install you can decide whether or not to enable or disable PUA detection
KB2629Fig1-1.png

Last edited:

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
Absolutely loving this VPN! Before when I use Acestream (p2p program for streaming) I notice my ISP throttles my connection, disrupting my football streams! even though they claim "not to have a fair usage policy". Acestream has not buffered once! Very very pleased with this giveaway so I would like to give a special thanks JM Security for posting this!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.