App Review Olympic Destroyer vs Comodo Firewall

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Yes but no, that is, if it can be installed, but before it is scanned with vtuploader2.2 .. And if it is correct then you know that it is clean. You can take it out of the sandbox.:)

LOL, you are asking for the moon now if asking for Comodo to make this a feature of the sandbox. Very good one. Does it seem to anyone else like Comodo might be creeping in on something like this with Viruscope or Valkyrie?

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Yup, thats why the US gov't still has a gripe on about Cuba. Only country in the world who still does this, its so ridiculous it defies logic, only in the Excited States.

Reactions: simmerskool
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

McCarthy should have been sacked. But nobody had the courage to do it.

The Communist Manifesto is still on the FBI library checkout watchlist until this very day from the McCarthy era.

Truman said: "I fired him because he wouldn't respect the authority of the President. I didn't fire him because he was a dumb son of a b----, although he was, but that's not against the law for generals. If it was, half to three-quarters of them would be in jail.

Reactions: shmu26 and upnorth

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Comodo automatically sandboxed the malware!that's all.
How can Comodo sandbox tell me that the file is going to destroy my windows so pls don't run it outside the sandbox?
The malware also doesn't show anything bad in the sandbox! so the user may run it outside the sandbox.so whats the point with comodo sandbox?
Its best use is as a soft anti-exe. It will block damage to your system, and at the same time, allow safe processes to do the good things they were intended to. Of course, not every safe process will run properly in sandboxed conditions.

Truman said: "I fired him because he wouldn't respect the authority of the President. I didn't fire him because he was a dumb son of a b----, although he was, but that's not against the law for generals. If it was, half to three-quarters of them would be in jail.

Nobody dared sack him while he was Senator.

D

Deleted member 65228

The malware also doesn't show anything bad in the sandbox! so the user may run it outside the sandbox.so whats the point with comodo sandbox?
Well, a lot of malware will hide in the background. Therefore, one huge red flag indicator is when you sandbox something and no genuine software shows up.

It's tricky because not all malware will hide completely; malicious code can be embedded into originally-genuine software as well.

Don't rely on the sandbox to blatantly decide to run it outside or not. Better yet, don't use any software which isn't reputable, nor download from untrusted sources.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.