On-demand Malware/Virus scanners for Pantech Phones?

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I need to know if I can at least find an Avast or AVG program for my Pantech that I can do some kind of on-demand scan with. I think this thing has had some kind of rootkit all along. I am just glad I use it for recreation and not sensitive data. I thought it was a hardware/software issue that was a simple defect, but it did start getting really bad about the time of the recent Java exploit fiasco. Apparently you cannot remove Java from this phone. It is a P9020 Pantech Pursuit.

It has always acted a little funny. For instance, a lot of times you will choose a contact and try to open up texting and it will disengage and send the screen scrolling a bit instead of giving you a text window or sending your call. Recently, after that big Java exploit news, it would not work for days at a time (touch screen). Now it has been working as good as ever for a week, for no apparent reason.

I have done very little internet with it other than Amazon.com. I get the impression that it has pre-installed firmware malware on it, or else someone surfed recklessly for a month and then returned it, and they gave it to me like it was a new phone when, in fact, it had been used by someone else before I received it from ATT.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.