OneDrive & Cryptolocker

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone

I wanted to know, when I upload all my files to Microsoft OneDrive are they protected against cryptolocker malware?

Tony :)

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
if you have the desktop client or you are a Windows 8.1 user, the files are sync between the cloud and your pc, if you delete or modify something in OneDrive folder then the changes are going to be aplied to the cloud.... if you use the web form to manage your files you would be safe...

DanielN

Nov 14, 2014
The simple answer is yes, because it is saved in the cloud. You can access them from any other computer/phone. Same goes with other similar solutions like Dropbox and Google Drive.

ps. Have you been infected with Crypotlocker?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.