Oneeye's HTC m9 Sprint

oneeye

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
One of the biggest things I've done is to limit the number if apps that have advertising SDK's, because they have the same permissions as the app does. As a result, I've paid for pro versions, and or, the apps are free, & ad free, open source (which I donate to). So out of 160+ apps, only a couple have ads, like TuneIn.

Boost+ on HTC devices can turn off ads. It controls how many apps are shut down (almost all not used recently) either always, after 3 days, or never. Also it has pattern lock for apps which I use selectively.

There are some things I do, or apps I use, selectively. Some run automatically scanning in the background.

Lastly, but not least, I gave Google Play Protect enabled. There is a new shortcut on playstore update page. Not only does it scan playstore apps, but sideloaded apps from outside sources like F-Droid, XDA, GitHub, APK Mirror, etc.

Malwarebytes has new and improved scanning for ransomware that's very intriguing. The claim is that it can detect changes, or mutating files after installs. However, they gave gone to a Premium ($12 year) / Freemium program. However, Sophos is completely free, and very comprehensive, with some fantastic Cloud scanning of their own. Plus, they have free home security software too.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.