Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Emsisoft announced the release of Online Armor version 5.0.

premium_status.png

What is new?

File & Registry Shield
Users can create rules to limit the access of certain application groups to specified files, folders or registry keys. Due to the advanced nature of this feature it is only available in "Advanced Mode".
Completely reworked GUI
Online Armor 5.0 was adapted to the design of the other Emsisoft products and shows a lot of usage simplifications. Additionally the readability of alert windows has been optimized.
IE Addons removed
The IE Addons menu was removed. BHOs are really just another autorun and are now handled as such.
Content filtering in Web Shield removed
The content filtering aspects of the Web Shield were removed. They were introduced at a time when essentially all browsers lacked control over active content or your private information. Times have changed though and most modern browsers actually do a far superior job now than the Web Shield ever did. Therefore we decided to remove the content filtering from the Web Shield which will result in better compatibility and network performance.
Improved self protection on x86 and x64 systems.
Over 400 detail improvements and bug fixes based on user and tester feedback.

How to upgrade from a previous version to Online Armor 5.0?
Just run the setup and choose to upgrade your installation. In addition we will start distributing Online Armor 5.0 via online update within the next week.

Known problems:
-The setup may offer you a trial version although it is no longer available on your system.
-Running Chrome inside a Sandboxie sandbox won't work unless you exclude Chrome from Online Armor.
-Certain themeing and desktop applications like RocketDock and WindowBlinds can cause GUI locks and crashes. We recommend to exclude the OAUI.EXE process in those applications.

You can find the English documentation at http://www.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/.

Download available at : http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/oa/

ghost

Level 1
Jan 16, 2011
Installed it last night but i really don't like so many questions. I really have enough...I'm sorry but i don't need a nag every time something moves near me.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
My feelings exactly. I've used OA free in the past but now there are better alternatives even in the free area.

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
The questions are a lot and the protection is ok. I would go with Emsisoft Anti-Malware over it, because it has this ok behavior guard + HIPS + AV (Both Ikarus and Emsisoft engines)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.