Online Armor 6 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Any beta testers for Emsi heard of OA6 release date.
Will it have Sandbox ?
Any info appreciated :)

D

Deleted member 178

I am on the developers channels, and no v6 even alpha for the moment. can't tell too much but now we mostly test compatibility with Win8/issues/bugs of v5.5

About the sandbox, Runsafer is like Comodo auto-sandbox, but you knew that already ^^

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Thanks Umbra, I would imagine development is going on for a new version.
Just seems very quiet, especially with Win 8 round the corner.

Found this just now on their forum, internal beta testing already.
http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/9252-when-will-online-armor-relaese-version-6/#entry58161

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Me dreaming of course, but imagine they implementing a cloud scanner like the one in Comodo FW, but with Mamutu and their engines. :angel:

/W

D

Deleted member 178

woodrowbone said:
Me dreaming of course, but imagine they implementing a cloud scanner like the one in Comodo FW, but with Mamutu and their engines. :angel:

if they do that, rather do a full single suite since EAM will be featureless :D

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Runsafer does not look like a sandbox to me. It just imposes certain restrictions on the software while it runs. Its not a true sandbox.

D

Deleted member 178

indeed it is not a true sandbox like Sandboxie, it is like Comodo D+ "auto-sandbox", policy-based "sandbox"

D

Deleted member 178

Nathan, posted here already

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Online-Armor-Beta-V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.