Battle Online Armor Firewall or Comodo Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

i used OA premium before for long time, but now i will choose Comodo Firewall because it has more features (sandbox), fully (or almost) x64, silent modes, ultra light.

the main feature i like in OA is the network monitor where you can lookup the IP adress, but most of the useful features are for the premium version.

i did a review of OAP here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Emsisoft-Anti-Malware-6-Online-Armor-Premium-5-combo

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i used OA premium before for long time, but now i will choose Comodo Firewall because it has more features (sandbox), fully (or almost) x64, silent modes, ultra light.

the main feature i like in OA is the network monitor where you can lookup the IP adress, but most of the useful features are for the premium version.

i did a review of OAP here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Emsisoft-Anti-Malware-6-Online-Armor-Premium-5-combo

Can't really add to that but totally agree with what you said on Comodo, not tried OA in a long time so can't comment, but has inspired me to give it a go now I have recently installed VMWARE..

Due to the sandbox feature (can't wait for v6... just keeps on improving!) it's a no brainer, what did you choose then also out of interest...?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
last time i used OA i found it kind of heavy on my system compared to comodo but i also find the interface of comodo easier to use than OA. sometimes i found comodo more complex than OA.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I would choose Comodo Firewall.

Even from the older version before, Comodo Firewall made a stable performance in my system unlike Online Armor from wizard it freezes a lot and cannot handle the situation.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I think both software's are good. But I prefer Comodo Firewall. Especially when in system is another HIPS like Zemana AntiLogger or Spy Shelter (Free or Premium).

Lukajlo

Level 2
Verified
Mar 20, 2011
I am Comodo member for a long time and I think that Comodo Firewall is great but one big minus, its not compatible with Kaspersky AV (didnt try Online Armor with KAV).

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
Both products are good however Comodo auto-sandbox is enabled by default and it will drastically reduce the number of alerts that a user may encounter.The alerts are more easy to understand with Comodo so my choice is Comodo Firewall.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I changed my opinion, because Comodo Firewall is better than Online Armor Premium only when you haven't another software to protect your PC, for example when you have HIPS like Spy Shelter.

When I turned on protection in the Comodo Firewall my computer worked slowly, because probably was conflict with Spy Shelter Premium.

And now, since I installed Online Armor Premium everything works well.

Online Armor is better than Comodo Personal Firewall.

D

Deleted member 178

Anyway using two HIPS and Firewall in same time is useless...Spyshelter, CIS or OAP are not designed to work with each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.