Only Positive Reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
Negative reputation is now disabled. We use the reputation system as a way to promote members to new groups and for this purpose we believe that negative reputation is not a necessity. You can still give positive reputation for posts and on profiles.

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
@Bogdan I would give you rep for this but I have yet to figure out how to give people rep

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
If anyone has received negative reputation, feel free to PM me and I'll remove it.
Ibrad said:
@Bogdan I would give you rep for this but I have yet to figure out how to give people rep
Press the button with the person and the + sign.

Ibrad

Apr 29, 2011
I don't see a button with a person and a + sign, where on my screen should it be?

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Ibrad said:
Default I have not changed any settings that I know of.
This is the icon.
postbit_reputation.gif

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
That's because you are in the Registered Group , only Members (20posts) and above can give rep points (to prevent the abuse.)
One more posts ..and you're a true Member:D

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
It appears the Dark Fusion skin uses a thumbs up icon for anyone that didn't notice (although it seems rather obvious). If the rep system is going to be utilized I think it was a good decision to remove the ability to give people negative rep.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh, that's ok the Green Reputation is still there so anyone have a increase rep than it will be a problem if negative rep was counted in the user.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Well, this is all good with me, but we won't be able to give negative rep to certain people ;)

The Analogue Kid

Apr 23, 2011
Well i always found the system of giving negitive karma or reputation similar to cyber bullying, similar to the like or dislike button on youtube. Disabling that works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.