Open letter to Mozilla - Fix Your Firefox Web Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'Open letter to Mozilla - Fix Your Firefox Web Browser' topic here ..

Open Letter To Mozilla – Please Stop Chasing The Version Rainbow and Fix Your Firefox Web Browser: read from RedFerret.net: http://www.redferret.net/?p=30155

Quote:
'I used to adore the Firefox web browser. Now all I seem to do is spend time moaning when it hangs for seconds at a time, moves like treacle or worse just crashes on me. Do a search for Firefox sucks and you’ll get back 8,340,000 results, which is incredible for a product that just a few years ago was phenomenally stable and popular.
What happened guys?' ..
'But I keep hoping against hope that someone inside Mozilla will wake up, smell the coffee, and restore the browser we all loved back in the day. Surely it can’t be that hard?'

silviu_c

Feb 28, 2011
"windows sucks"
About 89,000,000 results (0.13 seconds)

"chrome sucks"
About 13,300,000 results (0.18 seconds)

"google chrome sucks"
About 8,160,000 results (0.18 seconds)

"mozilla firefox sucks"
About 1,740,000 results (0.10 seconds)

'nuff said. Some blogger and his rants, news at 8.

Btw, in case you did not spot it, according to this dude's metrics, firefox seems to suck a lot less when compared to google chrome. Please don't generate more revenue for him by visiting his site.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Haha going by search results isn't the best way to get an idea of a product's worth.

Firefox is having issues though, I'll agree to that.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@Hungry Man,

Quote:
'Haha going by search results isn't the best way to get an idea of a product's worth.

Firefox is having issues though, I'll agree to that.'

OK., but here, today, now:

"Windows sucks": 525,000 Google results, but if you type: Windows sucks: about 90,100,000 Google results,

"Windows 7 sucks": 72,800 Google results, Windows 7 sucks: 76,200,000 Google results,

"Windows XP sucks": 289,000 Google results, Windows xp sucks: 7,260,000,

"chrome sucks": 92,200, chrome sucks: 13,400,000,

"google chrome sucks": 191,000, google chrome sucks: 8,260,000,

"Firefox sucks": 97,400 Google results, Firefox sucks: 15,900,000,

"new firefox sucks": 13,800 results, new firefox sucks: 12,800,000,

"mozilla firefox sucks": 54,400 results, mozilla firefox sucks: 15,900,000 Google results.

:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As a user of Mozilla Firefox, I gradually accepted on issues persisted to that browser. Hopefully they must fix the long term problem so that it can back probably in track again.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I agree that Firefox is having issues with recent versions. The one issue that really gets under my skin is the right click hanging after Firefox is opened for the first time. After the first right click, then the rest don't hang. Sometimes the right click just disappears and I have to right click again to get it to work. It is not my add-ons or profile, I've tried making a new profile, running in safe mode without any add-ons, uninstalling, deleting everything and then re-installing. Nothing has worked except for going back to version 3.6.24. However the latest Mozilla SeaMonkey isn't effected by this issue and is very stable, but many add-ons for not available for SeaMonkey.

Another issue that is bothersome is when using multiple tabs and leaving Firefox open for awhile, it completely freezes and has to be killed with the task manager.

These issues started with version 4.0 and appear to be getting worse with each new release.

I hope Mozilla can focus on the problems and quit worrying about Google Chrome.

If the problem gets much worse, I will be moving to SeaMonkey which does support most of my favorite add-ons and doesn't have the same bugs as Firefox since they are not rushing its releases.

Thanks.:D

V

Vextor

I will always use Firefox and stick by Firefox cause Google Chrome crashes much more.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
"I hope Mozilla can focus on the problems and quit worrying about Google Chrome. "

@Littlebits,

I can not agree more! Firefox has a great team and they could do so much if they just stopped trying to compete and instead just tried to create their own browser. That's how Chrome has been successful - they didn't try to match other browsers feature-for-feature, they took an idea(l) and they ran with it. Firefox needs to stop trying to compare itself to other browsers and start being unique again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.