Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing this exciting new release, Secondmineboy!:):)
I've not tried OpenSUSE, although I've read about the good experiences of other members here.;)
Maybe it's high time for me to give it a spin!:D

Reactions: Secondmineboy

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
Installed in VM to take for a spin. Always liked SUSE and this build confirms that.

I know some don't but I like KDE Plasma 5, YaST, one-click install and a decent software repository are all positive for me. 4.7 GB download though which is huge for the distros I've used to date.

Hope some others chip in and share how the are using this as Windows 10 privacy (or lack thereof) is seriously making me think of Linux again as my main OS choice and this is a contender.

Cheers

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing this exciting new release, Secondmineboy!:):)
I've not tried OpenSUSE, although I've read about the good experiences of other members here.;)
Maybe it's high time for me to give it a spin!:D
Installed in VM to take for a spin. Always liked SUSE and this build confirms that.

I know some don't but I like KDE Plasma 5, YaST, one-click install and a decent software repository are all positive for me. 4.7 GB download though which is huge for the distros I've used to date.

Hope some others chip in and share how the are using this as Windows 10 privacy (or lack thereof) is seriously making me think of Linux again as my main OS choice and this is a contender.

Cheers
I may move to Linux as well but im not sure yet. I always likes SUSE so far. One thing i noticed is that i didnt have to reboot my VM for any of the updates yet. Theres was no kernel update yet tho. I can imagine SUSE as a great Server OS Since its stable and has some really nice features.

BTW: You should try out Xen (Can be installed via Yast) with VGA PAssthrough:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.