Opera GX | Opera Gaming Browser (Download)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Opera Gaming Browser
  • RAM Limiter and CPU Limiter
  • Twitch Integration
  • Stay up to date with the all the latest gaming deals and news
  • Special Sound effects
  • Visual effects, Backgrounds and Themes
  • Razer Chroma compatible
  • Integrated Messengers for Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, Vkontakte
  • Video Pop-out for YouTube and Twitch
  • Ad-Blocker and VPN, Extensions from Chrome Web Store
  • Watch video over games (Coming soon)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Could a non-gamer with lousy hardware from the year 2011 benefit from this more? Many gamers** have powerful systems, so a browser or browsers with lots of tabs open and other tasks in the background--you know, the machine can handle it. You follow me? My machine can handle multi-tasking and many (10 or more) tabs open with ease using Firefox and it's just a mid-tier machine. The ad-blocker built into the browser, is it capable of blocking ALL ads or does it allow Google-sanctioned ads, like in YouTube? :mad: You can get extensions and other vpns from the store but then, what's the point, might as well get Chrome.

Firefox for me has really improved its resource use since Quantum, and without the embedded frou-frou and bloat. And it looks pretty snazzy with stuff I hand-pick myself.

**a lot of gaming people have high end systems for bragging rights and status in addition to hardware performance.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Any idea they fixed the enable of containers throught :/flags without making the whole browser completely un-usable (crash)
Nope as I haven't tried this new browser. The default flags works perfect anyway in the stable version. Btw, all containers edits does not crash the browser. It's supposed to be this one. opera://flags/#enable-appcontainer

And here's a funny thing! I enabled it and, Zero crashes or issues. No problem for me so guess it's fixed now, at least in the stable version.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Could a non-gamer with lousy hardware from the year 2011 benefit from this more?

The ad-blocker built into the browser, is it capable of blocking ALL ads or does it allow Google-sanctioned ads, like in YouTube?
IMO ;) , I doubt it. In your case I personal would recommend start with the standard stable version if you're curious about Opera.

The built-in ad-blocker does not block every single ad that exist, but with some extension and a genuine VPN, it helps.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.