Advice Request Opinion on IObit Uninstaller Free and PRO?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Feature Comparison: Are you more inclined to use Free or Pro version - ignoring license costs?

• IObit Uninstaller PRO - Some or All of the Additional Features are appealing

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • IObit Uninstaller Free - None or Not enough Features are appealing

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Below are the features included in Free and Pro versions of IObit Uninstaller v6, solely based on the listed features with license costs ignored, using the Poll above, vote which product you are more likely to use?

Home: IObit Uninstaller 6 FREE and PRO.

From the following features below, using the Poll (to vote), which are you more likely to use?

Feature Comparison (Free includes):
  • [Improved] Uninstall Unwanted Programs Thoroughly and Quickly
  • [New] Remove Plug-ins & Extensions on Edge, Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc.
  • [Improved] Easily Remove Problematic Windows Updates
  • Thoroughly Uninstall Win 10 & Win 8's Built-in Apps
PRO includes:
  • [New] Larger Real-time Database to Uninstall More Stubborn Programs
  • [New] Uninstall Malicious plug-ins for more secure browser
  • [New] Cleaner & Faster Online Experience with Adware Removal
  • Auto Clean Leftovers of Programs Uninstalled by Other Uninstallers
  • Automatically Update to the Latest Version
  • Free 7/24 Technical Support on Demand
upload_2016-11-24_11-48-44.png

Disclaimer: Valid PRO license still available via a legitimate source, currently 270 days remaining before license expiry | Link
Off-Topic posts: If you are part of the small minority that consider IObit to be untrustworthy, please keep the misinformation to yourself, including "IObit stole from Malwarebytes" - but whilst this was true, they have corrected their mistakes.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I would be inclined to buy the Pro version although the free one does a good job.
The two options of the Pro version which in my opinion can justify the purchase are:

- [New] Larger Real-time Database to Uninstall More Stubborn Programs

- Auto Clean the Leftovers of Programs Uninstalled by Other Uninstallers

The first one I believe is a reference to the leftovers database of known applications and this eliminates most residual files using a managed algorithm.
The second one completes the work of other uninstallers for a better and effective cleaning.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
people usually do not uninstall stuffs everyday or every week so buying a pro version for an uninstaller is not really worth it, at least for me :D
Sure, but indeed I think that the target of people who can purchase the Pro version are the ones that usually test many apps, and this tool helps them in this direction.:)

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I take a snapshot with RollBack Rx before and after I install a program, if it doesn't work I just restore to the previous point and it's completely wiped off. So I don't get the point of 'Uninstallers' to begin with but I did try this and if you're oddly in the mood to uninstall stuff from your machine it'll work just fine.

D

Deleted member 2913

I take a snapshot with RollBack Rx before and after I install a program, if it doesn't work I just restore to the previous point and it's completely wiped off. So I don't get the point of 'Uninstallers' to begin with but I did try this and if you're oddly in the mood to uninstall stuff from your machine it'll work just fine.
I do the same with AX64 V2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Iobit Uninstaller is something that people should not ignored but rather to test and see for it.

Many reviews are align in positive and Iobit's expertise is came from cleaning of leftovers.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I prefer the Pro versions of 3rd Party uninstallers.Although not currently using IObit,I have always found both free and pro versions to be good.
However the pro versions seem to do a more thorough job with more oprions.

W

Wave

people usually do not uninstall stuffs everyday or every week so buying a pro version for an uninstaller is not really worth it, at least for me :D
Vendors should just make proper uninstallers ad clean up their trash for the user, some vendors are having a laugh and it's ridiculous. For example, awhile back I installed AVG on an old test host system for some testing purposes, 3 weeks after using the uninstaller there were still traces left (e.g. running AVG processes - except the actual product itself was gone).

The point of an uninstaller is to remove the product after you're done with it, and obviously a snapshot isn't always an option because someone might be using the product for months, and then if they revert back to the snapshot they will lose other data. Snapshots isn't always an option in this scenario; not everyone uninstalls straight after installation, they may change their mind over time. Using a snapshot can be a lot of hassle if you want to remove a program you've had for months where you had previously made a snapshot before installing.

Regardless, there is also System Restore; the feature everyone seems to have forgotten about since I barely see it mentioned, although it supports for removing new program installations. In fact, as long as it's enabled, most reputable installers will/should create a System Restore Point prior to actually making any changes (e.g. Avast will do this say on case there is a problem).

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Iobit uninstaller has some nice features , but it is not as thourough as Revo Uninstaller Pro :) , but then again is has some features that Revo does not have. it all comes down to personal preferences I guess :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.