Advice Request Opinions on Immunet?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Just wondering what you all's opinions are on Immunet if any opinion at all.

With the recent release of 6.0 I got to remembering that it scored on the higher side in some of the youtube tests and was wanting to give it a try, but I wasn't wanting to have to uninstall/reinstall Kasperky if Immunets just a one off product not worth much of a glance.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

With the recent release of 6.0 I got to remembering that it scored on the higher side in some of the youtube tests and was wanting to give it a try, but I wasn't wanting to have to uninstall/reinstall Kasperky if Immunets just a one off product not worth much of a glance.
Immunet is good. Kaspersky is greater :)

You don't use Immunet as your primary AV

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Immunet is good. Kaspersky is greater :)

I figured (y) there are a few drawbacks to Kaspersky Free though, notably that it doesnt auto-remove PUP threats.

You don't use Immunet as your primary AV

Thats the thing, I would be using it as a main AV. Thats why I'm asking opinions on it to see if anyones tested it in-depth
really put it through the "Ringer" you know lol

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I figured (y) there are a few drawbacks to Kaspersky Free though, notably that it doesnt auto-remove PUP threats.

Thats the thing, I would be using it as a main AV. Thats why I'm asking opinions on it to see if anyones tested it in-depth
really put it through the "Ringer" you know lol

Recently, I used Panda Free AV (which comes with PUP protection and auto USB detection) with Immunet. This combo works well. Panda Free AV is the primary AV here. I disabled ClamAV in Immunet since Panda is also providing offline protection.

I removed them and then went on a suicidal mission in the quest for a stronger security system :p

Last edited:

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
In my experience, immunet shows good detection capability but weak infection removal function ( I think it's because immunet on-demand condition). It's good for being secondary AV.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Recently, I used Panda Free AV (which comes with PUP protection and auto USB detection) with Immunet. This combo works well. Panda Free AV is the primary AV here. I disabled ClamAV in Immunet since Panda is also providing offline protection.
It

I've always liked Panda Cloud, but it suffers from the same condition that Bitdefender Free does on my system which is that detection popups appear about 30seconds to a full minute after the file has been removed. It really is a small annoyance but to me it is detrimental lol

Back when i tested Immunet on the Hub, i ended up quitting the test. It failed in nearly all malware samples both static and dynamic.

I saw that, but then I see the testers on youtube getting better results. But that of course brings in the question of sample age ect.

Reactions: Brie

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
It

I've always liked Panda Cloud, but it suffers from the same condition that Bitdefender Free does on my system which is that detection popups appear about 30seconds to a full minute after the file has been removed. It really is a small annoyance but to me it is detrimental lol

I saw that, but then I see the testers on youtube getting better results. But that of course brings in the question of sample age ect.
You can use Unchecky for PUPs with Panda Free AV's PUP protection

Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear

Reactions: Brie

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
It has a decent enough detection rate and is very light on resources(providing you don`t load Clamwin)Works well as an extra layer of protection to an already secure setup via CFW,VoodooShield etc or as a companion AV.

It wouldn`t be a replacement for the usual big AV vendors but then again it`s not mean`t to be.V6 has been a bit buggy on my machines so I`m using v5 until they iron it all out.

Regards Eck:)

mozbius

Mar 29, 2018

6.0.6.10600 has been a total disaster honestly. That software created more problem than resolving. I've installed it on a lab rig with specialized software and that software started to delete files here and there and mess up with temporary files... Perhaps I have been unlucky but from my perspective an antivirus that breaks stuff without any warning is no better than a virus.

D

Deleted member 65228

Not using/testing this product either as it's to poor/weak as clearly shown by @Evjl's Rain tests but on the other hand that was with the older version as I mentioned the latest is 6.0.8 and it could be curious to know how that version did in tests.
It's like a dish of pasta without sauce and cheese

Searched for Immunet on Giphy

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.