Advice Request Opinions on Immunet?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Until a couple of years ago in Japan, it was distributed under the name 'gred av accelerator'. When cloud scan was still rare, I was using it with Avira, but this software provided only false detection and slowing down of internet connection.
The only thing that I think I gained with this software is that I could see this video of this @Opcode thanks to this topic.

It's like a dish of pasta without sauce and cheese

Searched for Immunet on Giphy

giphy.gif
The mystery of 'pasta pattern' has been resolved!

D

Deleted member 65228

@show-Zi Hahaha I guess we could make an off-topic thread to post threads and just link to the thread we are referring the GIF too so they don't get in anyone's way :p

Ahhhh one more to celebrate Immunet? Check the spoiler if you're curious (y)

When you're less than 30 seconds in whilst testing Immunet but one of the samples you executed was a rootkit launcher which installed the rootkit components on the system. The rootkit decides to initiate the uninstall procedure of Immunet whilst preventing postponing of the operation "programmatically". And poof, Immunet is gone!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: upnorth

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
There is no rebellion in Imnet:p
@show-Zi Hahaha I guess we could make an off-topic thread to post threads and just link to the thread we are referring the GIF too so they don't get in anyone's way :p

Ahhhh one more to celebrate Immunet? Check the spoiler if you're curious (y)

When you're less than 30 seconds in whilst testing Immunet but one of the samples you executed was a rootkit launcher which installed the rootkit components on the system. The rootkit decides to initiate the uninstall procedure of Immunet whilst preventing postponing of the operation "programmatically". And poof, Immunet is gone!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

...I am interested in your black joke:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 65228

There is no rebellion in Imnet:p

...I am interested in your black joke:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I don't know what that means so you will have to fill me in xD I Googled it and it says it is some sort of song? There's also a Wiki saying it is a boat from 1827 instead lol

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
All those false positives are no doubt due to enabling Clam av ? Running v6.0.8.10638 no fp`s thus far, maybe not the prettiest but the lightest av I`ve ever used.

Wouldn`t use it on it`s own though without the mighty Voodoo Shield and OSArmour.

Regards Eck:)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

ClamAV is VERY false positive prone, I believe because of the way it detects packers as malicious.

I run it on my Gateway and it's pretty pathetic there and I do not believe most of it's warnings. Also the community sourced signatures -lately- have become questionable at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.