OPSWAT: Windows Anti-malware Market Share Reports

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Although I have no hate against Malwarebytes and McAfee I would think Zemana and Kaspersky would outpace them. I might be a little biased with Avast but the only times I got infected with it is when I was too stupid to accept the warnings.. :p

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I don't see what is strange in these results.

AVAST 17.44 % => 13.91 % : The free version :D

Have you seen the price for some other products !?

=> it is not a ranking about which tool is the best.

That is also fun to see, for a "best security suite" ranking, you could almost read from the end :p (exception : ESET)

Last edited:
R

Rodney74

IMO Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is much overrated, I would have expected ESET and Kaspersky to have higher rankings than they do on that list...

Yes WAaaay overrated. Although the newest McaFee is nice, out now for month or two.

Reactions: Sundaram999

Sundaram999

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2014

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
This is too funny, MalwareBytes has earned their reputation and place in the
Security world, time and time again. No drama, No gimmicks.
I have a ton of respect for MalwareBytes, their history and what
they have contributed in the fight against Malware is second to none.
They have done more than all the other Anti-Malware software providers combined
and the honest ones will tell you such. Products like Zemana have a ways to go before they are
as respected and recognized for their contribution on the level that MalwareBytes
has achieved.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Does anyone know if the new McaFee antivirus is compatible with Comodo firewall? I'd like to try it out.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm little surprise for Malwarebytes cause in my view; market shares are mostly dominant on Europe/America and not a full blown Antivirus.

Kaspersky or even Bitdefender should rise enough because of numerous offices around the world that will help to advertise and boost market shares.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.